• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Wildfire - Android Market won't download apps

Ditto what HTC-Fandroid said... plus a bit!

-You can't get anything off the Market until you have a gmail account and I couldn't set that up on the wildfire using the wifi - it just claimed I had no connection.
- I registered with gmail on my laptop, STILL couldn't connect to the market over wifi, but internet/mail access was fine.
- I turned off wifi, and let it connect over the mobile network. Allowed me to register and connect to the Market, no problem!
- Now it works fine over wifi or mobile...

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem.
What has worked for me so far is what moggieandmarmite said. I had been trying to download text to speech all day. I plugged my phone in to the laptop, went to the marketplace and started download connected to the computer. Worked first time.
I should also mention that my computer does not recognise my phone yet even though I have installed HTC synch.
Weird.
I hope they find a fix for this.

Upvote 0
I have finally managed to connect my wildfire to my PC. I had to switch on USB debugging in settings. It didn't connect first time but then I disconnected the USB and then plugged it in again and it worked fine. I did a synch and ever since then I have been able to download all apps in the marketplace without problems through wi-fi and using 3g.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hello there, Just got the HTC wildfire great phone but, i can't download any apps
each time i try all it dose is say "starting download" and thats it,

Please if any one could help
:thinking:

Dear friend,

You need not to worry.just do one thing, go on your android market and select free apps menu.then simply click on app which you wanna download when you click. it will display and downloading on background.If this not appear then you have to upgrade your os 2.1 to 2.2 froyo.

thanx,
honey dhillon

Upvote 0
As long as you have set your google account up you should be ok to use android market,what i have found is that google talk is required to run,this can be found in your "App Drawer"(left option button)activate google talk
and you should be ok to download after that, it seems that after it has been activated once the market works as normal.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
My htc wildfire S is not able to download apps over wi-fi. Even though i can browse internet through wi-fi. Also the gtalk app is not working over wi-fi.

But when i use 2G/3G service everything works fine but 2G is very slow. So please anybody help me. There's no problem with my wi-fi firewall coz my friend's xperia arc is having no such problem.

Upvote 0
Two weeks ago I changed my phone, to a HTC Wildfire. I have been really pleased with this however, I also had problems trying to download apps. I researched many sites, rang through to my provider with no luck initially. After trying all ideas people had posted I tried resetting my phone to factory settings. Unbelievable but this finally did the trick. I have no problems now:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones