HTC Wildfire - HTC Sense question

1. mm43

mm43 Well-Known Member

I have the HTC Wildfire. Read a mag article saying back up your HTC Sense files before 30th April as there is an update

Question 1 Does it apply to the Wildfire?
    How do I know if I am using HTC Sense?
    How do I back up everything....... My Contacts are all in Gmail ... is that ok for them? Does it apply to Apps I have downloded will it affect them?
    Bewildered by it all lol:confused:

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

It depends which Sense you are talking about. Sense is the UI for HTC devices... the launcher and widgets, etc. Sense.com is HTC's website that had stuff like phone tracking/location, etc. - there was recently a change to sense.com (which involved a loss of all data on there)... could actually be that you a referring to (which will not affect your phone)

I no longer use the stock HTC stuff on my phone but can confirm that, if you have sync'd your contacts with Gmail, then they will be fine and that all apps are backed up with the market Google Play (again no need to worry about them).
    mm43 likes this.
  3. mm43

mm43 Well-Known Member

Thanks very much.
    I have not done anything with HTC Sense then. I thought it was just the look of the Wildfire lol, the clock and themes and wallpaper that was called HTC Sense :eek:

Dont suppose you could recommend a bug free site where I could download a new simple theme ( including the same clock I do like that :))
    Had the phone a year so time I got confident and changed the theme and wallpaper
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I have not used any of the Sense stuff on my phone since about one month in to my contract (I rooted my phone pretty much straight away)... I am sure that one of the other Wildfire owners would be able to suggest something though :)
  5. buffbh

buffbh Member

i'll buy one HTC wildfire .
  6. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Well-Known Member

Ha dude really bad choice, search for other phones