HTC Wildfire - Is there a way to lock keypad when on a call?Support

Last Updated:

1. nicola

nicola New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a HTC Wildfire and anytime I'm on a call, the keypad is active which means I'm pushing numbers or unknowingily scrolling through parts of my phone when my face/ear comes into contact with the phone.

It's extremely annoying and I'm wondering whether this is the case will all Wildfires or is there something I need to change in the settings?

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere in the forum. I've done a quick search and haven't managed to come across any solutions so far.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. nicola

After a bit of investigation I think this has solved the problem. From the manual:

Recalibrating the G-sensor
    Recalibrate the screen if you feel that the screen orientation does not respond properly to the way you hold the phone.

- From the Home screen, press MENU, then tap Settings > Sound & display.
    - Scroll down the screen, and then tap G-Sensor calibration.
    - Place the phone on a flat and level surface, and then tap Calibrate.
    - After the recalibration process, tap OK.

3. METLJ

METLJ Member

well if u press the lock key/power key on top it will switch the screen off and there would be no unknowing key presses.

from my point of view the calliberation is of no use in this case because that addresses how your screen changes its orientation on tilting the phone.

4. nicola

Yes, you're absolutely right. The re-calibration didn't work.. as you pointed out its just addressing the screen orientation. Silly me.. jumping the gun, hoping to have found a solution!

I just got off a call now and ended up somewhere deep within my phone book menu. Looks like I'll have to start using the power key to lock the phone when on calls in the future. Thanks for the tip! :)

5. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

It sound like your phone is faulty, there is sensor which detects that the phone is against your face and switches the screen off. it seems like yours is not working.

It might need to be repaired or replaced.