• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Wildfire Overclock ?

I Keep Rooting my mobile every time it comes from Warranty :D - I usually have tried to Set Cup to 624 Mhz normally ..

But 2-3 Times my Wildfire Motherboard is burnt. Can any one tell me which is the best Mod & Safe Cpu Speed ?

You burnt your motherboard at 624MHz??
Ive used speeds of 768MHz without that happening (although my Wildfire wasnt stable at all)

Have you flashed another kernel??
Your kernel acts as the link between the processing capability of the processor chip and physically using the phone to alter the voltage thus tweaking processing speed of your device. If its faulty or bugged then it could misread signals sent from using SetCPU and damage components of your device such as your motherboard.

To be honest i dont think there is a "best" or ideal processing speed when overclocking, it just depends on 'the luck of the draw'

The best thing to do would be to create profiles for when your device is charging/screen is off/ sleeping hours etc. I would recommend undervolting (reducing processing speed) at those points, it will help prolong battery life and may remedy your problem but i cant guarantee that

What i mean by "the luck of the draw" is that not all Wildfire's are exactly identical, they are all unique, one make could be more heat resistant, another could be more stable at higher speeds, it just depends on the one you have. I can only go up to 729MHz and stay totally stable (748MHz causes my device to freeze, once per day) but others can go up to 768MHz and stay stable.

Upvote 0
Dear All;

I wish i could find some help here. I recently got a used Wildfire upgraded/overclocked to 768 Mhz and having Cyanogen Mod 7 installed. The phone works fine but drains the battery within an hour usage and gets extremely hot. It takes 4 to 5 hours to recharge and the battery life has made the phone useless. I am afraid the overheating could cause any hardware fault or explode the battery. I just need to get this thing back to normal (Uninstall MOD and underclock the CPU to factory setting) hoping that it would help save battery power and reduce heating. I just need to know how to give this thig a fresh start. Speed wont be an issue all i need is battery life. Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

P.S i dont know anything about android as i just swtched from black berry. Any download links would be helpful and very much appreciated.

Thanking you !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones