HTC Wildfire PVT SHIP S-ON HBOOT-1.01.0002

Last Updated:

1. gothams1cave

gothams1cave New Member

Ok, so I have the phone stated above. I've tried probably every method on the world wide web to unlock this little demon...and still nothing...;/

I've been stuck on the fastboot method also. I've installed and reinstalled everything at least ten times. I've read over countless guides on how to do this correctly. I'm far from a tech genius but I'm pretty sure on what i'm doing...

At this point, any kind of help or advice would be like ice water in hell for me.

PS: I'm stuck on the CMD prompt. After I type in "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" I get :

C:\\Users\user>fastboot oem get_identifier_token
    (bootloader) [ERR] Command error!!!
    OKAY [ 0.007s]
    finished. total time: 0.007s

C:\Users\user>

Using the htc method recently released...Should I just give up? I've been to countless forums hearing of rooted users success and achievments with their devices, I'm starting to lose hope...

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i moved you to the wildfire rooting section.
  3. mardum

mardum Member

4. nikeakshay

nikeakshay New Member

hello,
    just like gotham,even i have tried so many methods to root my HTC wildfire(hboot 1.01.0002) but i cud not done it.i have used alpha even but they r for hboot 1.01.0001.i have tried HTC Dev (unlock bootloader)but they are saying for your device ROM updates aint available.i tried to downgrade my hboot 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001 with software downgrade pack but when i sun step 1 ,it says a adb is not recognized(internal /external),but i did install driver for bootloader,adb.but still unsuccessfull.....

Kindly help me out i want to root my HTC wildfire.
  5. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Well-Known Member

1) Try the method i used >here<
    2) If you are getting that error message, you probably havnt downloaded android sdk and setup adb, use this link to set it up >here<
    3) Make sure your device is on charge mode, when doing anything adb related

But first look at this video, and try it first before number 2)
    How to install Android ADB/USB Drivers