• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC wildfire rooted but unable to change rom

mrudang

Lurker
Oct 13, 2012
Hi! Using HTC Wildfire (Buzz). Trying to install new ROM after rooting my phone, but not successful. Totally new to this scene. I went through a lot of forums, first unlocked my mobile using htcdev website instructions. Then used superoneclick to root my mobile. Now trying to take backup of existing rom and install new rom using rom manager. But unsuccessful. Have no idea how to proceed further.
Current details -
***UNLOCKED***
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.02.0000
MICROP-0622
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-3.35.20.10
Dec 13 2011, 12:08:54

I first used option 'flash clockworkmod recovery from the rom manager. Then I used the 'reboot into recovery' option of rom manager. Phone restarts, first the htc white screen is seen, then I see an image of a phone along with a red question mark on top of it for about 30 secs. Then again the htc screen comes on, and the phone restarts into standard, old screen.

When I use option "backup existing rom' same process happens.

Am I missing out on some other process? Please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones