• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc wildfire s, complete reset phone, turn s-off into s-on

arnie2012

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
Hi all

what it is i have a htc wildfire s

and i am having so much trouble with updating it. I keepseting a notification for an system enhancement update 17.7mb

now everytime i click to install it it just restarts my mobile and gives me the android logo man and an exclamation mark i nthe triangle.

is this because my phone is rooted and s-off

if so can anybody tell me how to get this update to install, i have unrooted the phone and it still doesnt work, now how do i make it s-on, as its currently s-off, would that work

my mobile is currently on 2.3.5

hope someone can help me wiv this problem

Probably HTC sigs have gotten messed up.
Relock bootloader, reflash original RUU, then you should be able to receive and install ota.

Edit: missed title... Really tough to S-On after you S-Off depending on which method you may have used.. I wouldn't consider it unless you were trying to send your phone back... And knew exactly how ;). Not needed to get OTA update on my marvelc.

Rob

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones