HTC Wildfire S Wont Start after PG76IMG.zip

Last Updated:

1. xsamedx

xsamedx Member

Hi,
    I am new to this forum so sorry if it is posted in wrong section ...
    I have an HTC Wildfire S and yesterday I have installed an PG76IMG.zip, and now my phone wont start .... I cant even access the BootLoader .. :(
    Can someone help me please !

Advertisement
  2. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

usually if you can't get into bootloader, it means your phone is bricked and you need to give it to HTC for repairs. But try going into bootloader with you pc. Connect the phone to the PC and try to enter in bootloader
  3. sisu

sisu Well-Known Member

So you took the battery out, put it back in, held down volume down button and power button, and still no bootloader?
  4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Xsamedx, welcome to Android Forums. I wish it were under better circumstances for you.

Can you tell us where you got the PG76IMG.zip file and what you expected it to install/upgrade?

Also, with the phone off, hold the power button down for 10 seconds and let me know what it does.
  5. xsamedx

xsamedx Member

Thanks to everyone for the replyy !
    My phone is now in a Phone Reparation Center, I will go and take it today, I will see if its ok or not, but I think the guy used a JTAG and RIFF to repair it, because he said that the boot was messed up ....
  6. xsamedx

xsamedx Member

Now I have my phone but it does not work ....
    Now I have the access to the Bootloader but I cant flash any rom ....
    Its check for the PG76IMG.zip file but wont install .... :(
  7. markzombie82

markzombie82 Well-Known Member

I my self have been thinking of installing recovery this way and noticed that the zip contains an android id file do us all a favor and check and see if the modelid in the zip is the same as the one under the battery. Ive been worried that if they dont match the file won't be installed.
    The zip i downloaded said pg76100 and my phone is pg76200 so i beleive it wont work. But havent tested ive been busy.
  8. xsamedx

xsamedx Member

Ohh thankss ! Finally I got a working oneee ! THAKS MYY PHONE WORKS NOOOW !

Buut there's another issue ... Now it's says Sim Locked, it asks me for a sim unlock code ...
    CafeKampuchia likes this.
  9. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Great to hear and thanks for letting us know. Please be sure to hit the thanks button for the folks here that helped you out.

Sorry I can't help you with the simlock issue. I never had to deal with it before.
  10. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

I might be completely off but I think you probably would have to call your carrier? Maybe they can unlock it for you
  11. markzombie82

Good and bad damn whitch one did you use I would like to know. Link it here or send me a pm.

Sound like you got one for the wrong carrier which carrier are you needing.
  12. xsamedx

xsamedx Member

Ni, I am sure thats its the good one because I am on Virgin Mobile and I have the Virgin Mobile ROM ( I can know it cuz I have all the Virgin Media, Virgin Live, etc ... apps and the bootanimations)
  13. markzombie82

Wow if it worked on vm give me a link
  14. markzombie82

And if you need to unlock that sounds odd did you get it from eBay or something like that
  15. xsamedx

xsamedx Member

Ok I have finally unlocked my SIMCARD but now I have no signal and noo Call connectivity ....
    I cant see all my info from SIM CARD: Phone number, Network Hours, etc.
    But I cannot make any call and cannot send message, I see a red X on the signal bars :(
  16. markzombie82

Please give me the link to the pg76 that you used i can use it for good I'm trying to root mine with modified files and the drivers are failing for me. Please help. I'm only going to use it to get temp recovery and root then flash updated recovery and use rom manager. PLEASE.
    That is probably what you should have done so you arnt with out service change the recovery so you can flash whatever rom suits you.
  17. xsamedx

xsamedx Member

You should select you carrier from the collection of football on xda ...
  18. justjas

justjas New Member

my htc wildfire wont boot so i put pg76img.zip file on the root of sd card and it now says after loadinbg the file that its an older version? obviously becsause of this my phone wont boot? Where can i get the latest version of the pg76img file? please help
  19. justjas

justjas New Member

my htc wildfire wont boot so i put pg76img.zip file on the root of sd card and it now says after loadinbg the file that its an older version? obviously becsause of this my phone wont boot? Where can i get the latest version of the pg76img file? please help also it appears to reboot now everytime trying to reinstall this file?:(