HTC Wildfire Stock ROM's ( Downloads ) 1.14 - 2.2

1. ryanraven

ryanraven Well-Known Member

Here all the stock roms for the HTC Wildfire I uploaded them to my ZUMODRIVE so they are fast at downladoing.

RUU_Buzz_HTC_WWE_1.14.405.2_R_C_Radio_13.45.55.24_3.35.15.19_release_141106_signed ZumoDrive - RUU_Buzz_HTC_WWE_1.14.405.2_R_C_Radio_13.45.55.24_3.35.15.19_release_141106_signed.exe

RUU_Buzz_HTC_WWE_1.25.405.1_Radio_13.45.55.24_3.35.15.31_release_142189_signed ZumoDrive - RUU_Buzz_HTC_WWE_1.25.405.1_Radio_13.45.55.24_3.35.15.31_release_142189_signed.exe

RUU_Buzz_HTC_WWE_1.37.405.1_Radio_13.53.55.24H_3.35.19.25_release_151892_signed ZumoDrive - RUU_Buzz_HTC_WWE_1.37.405.1_Radio_13.53.55.24H_3.35.19.25_release_151892_signed.exe

And Finally Froyo

RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed ZumoDrive - RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe

WARNING
    DO NOT INSTALL 2.2 FROYO UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE ROOT
    THERE IS NO METHOD OF ROOTING WHEN THIS IS DONE AND MAY NOT BE FOR SOME TIME

Advertisement
    :
    njwest likes this.
  2. Mizofire

Mizofire Active Member

hey i wanted to ask tht froyo still hasnt released in my region....thought if i donwload it ...is there a problem...or is it safe doing by this way ..?? plz help cuz im a noob in all these things ..!! :)
  3. ryanraven

its perfectly safe as long as you know what your doing you must create a gold card and if your using windows 7 64bit install the right drivers.

ok cool you need to flash with stock rom theres a site here for them but they take forever to download. you need to make a gold card first so your memory card needs to be formated sorry so backup any data on there.
    download the gold card program.
    ZumoDrive - GoldCardTool_0.0.5.zip
    http://www.zumodrive.com/share/9f3vYjA0ZT

Make sure USB debugging mode is on and charge only mode is selected when you plug the phone in.

Click GET CID in program

then go to this site where it will generate a gold card and send it to your email.

http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard

download the goldcard from your email and in the program click
    LoadGoldCard.img

find the goldcard and click Patch MMC

thats your gold card done now here the easy part :)

Download Froyo http://www.zumodrive.com/share/9f3xMDRiZT

Plug phone in and Run the file make sure charge only is on and USB debugging is on

WARNING this will wipe the phone so backup first if it doesnt work and comes up with a Error reply back and i will get it working for you.

Make sure you wait for it to complete and DONT !!!!! take the USB cable out or your phone will be a paperweight.
    madturk and njwest like this.
  4. Harry Boat

Harry Boat Member

I might try this. Can I use the gold card I created when I installed 1.37.405.1 or do I need to make a new one?
  5. Mizofire

Mizofire Active Member

hey really thanx for ur advice....really appreciated..tought i didnt try it ..cuz i hv exams and dnt hv tht time...will surely do this the next weekend and ask u if any suggestion is needed....thnx again !! :)
  6. RichMcc

RichMcc Member

If you installed the modified driver for the unrevoked root, remove it, install the htc driver, REBOOT Your PC!
    First time I tried it wouldn't work with the unrevoked driver, installed the htc driver and it started to work. but I didnt' reboot. Silly error on my part!

I thought I'd bricked my phone when it got half way through the installer process and said it couldn't communicate with the phone, the windows "installing new device driver" thing popped up, then windows said it needed a reboot, the installer just sat there giving the option to exit. The phone had the black screen with HTC logo in the middle.
    Then went back to the boot loader type screen with RRU as an option but it was frozen.
    Battery out.. back in... booted 1.37.405 loaded up thank god!
    Gonna have another go... oh lordy...

*edit*

also plug phone in, turn it off while plugged in, and on again, windows does some more "installing device" popups.. which is probably what stopped the installer talking to the phone.
    Also repeated but went into the boot loader, and windows did yet more installing device popups..
  7. ryanraven

Rich what o.s are you using ?
    if your using windows 7 64bit you need to install 64bit drivers for HTC's phone and bootloader.
  8. RichMcc

RichMcc Member

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, I used the drivers that were preinstalled on the SD card of the phone?

HTCDriver_2.0.7.17.exe

Do you happen have a link to drivers? HTC support site only gives me HTC sync when I choose wildfire. :)
  9. ryanraven

the drivers are in HTC sync folder follow my steps here on how to install them you will not be disappointed.

Right click my computer and click properties
    then click on device manager
    plug your phone in make sure USB debugging is on
    in device manager you should see at the top Android USB
    Devices in there should be " My HTC"
    Right click MY HTC and click "update driver software"
    Click "Browse computer for driver software"
    Click "let me pick from a list"
    Click "have disk"
    Click "browse"
    a windows should come up go to
    My computer
    c drive local disk
    program files (x84)
    HTC
    HTC driver
    Driver files
    Win7_x64
    click androidusb and click Open
    Click OK
    Click Next then close Driver should have udated
    now we have to install the X64 bit boot driver

Take lead out of phone
    Turn off phone
    Hold down the down volume key and press the power button once while holding the down volume key
    wait until some green writing comes up
    then press the power button once
    Fastboot USB should come up in red
    in device manager you must install the driver like before so do the same steps as before
    e.i
    Right click MY HTC under Android USB Devices
    when you click have disk
    browse
    it might open the folder automatically and pick androidusb like before.

run the RUU file again and it will install properly. Make sure HTC sync isnt running.
    RichMcc likes this.
  10. RichMcc

RichMcc Member

Awesome I'll give it a whirl, I did have HTC sync installed but removed it later to use unrevoked root and installed the modified driver and I dont generally sync anything with the PC anyway.

Thanks again!
  11. RichMcc

RichMcc Member

Reinstalled HTC Sync
    Both occasions it says its already using the right driver, didn't have the folder

HTC\HTC driver\Driver files\Win7_x64\androidusb
    only
    HTC\HTC driver\Driver files\Win7_x64\

I do have

HTC\HTC BMP USB Driver?
  12. RichMcc

RichMcc Member

Nope they were the right drivers, ROM update worked fine.
    It was just the unrevoked driver, and me swapping the drivers without a reboot and windows having a tantrum that interupted the process :)
    All is well, Froyo is on, and merry christmas!
  13. ryanraven

androidusb in the folder Win7_x64\ is the driver i think i had every error going because of the drivers lol but mine installed fine merry Christmas to you too :)
  14. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

moved to Root section
  15. gauravraw

gauravraw New Member

Thanks!
  16. pne4prem

pne4prem New Member

Hi guys please help hitting a brick wall here followed all steps but everytime i hit 'patch MMC' on gold card tool i get this message 'an error occurred Object reference not set to an instance of an object' i have no idea what i'm doing wrong
  17. pne4prem

pne4prem New Member

its ok got past that now for anyone else who is as thick as me before you load the gold card put phone in disk drive mode!
  18. pne4prem

pne4prem New Member

Thank You by the way for this guide i'm now a happy wildfire owner with 2.2 :D
  19. jashan95

jashan95 New Member

20. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It's nothing to do with root. Sure you can use these on a rooted device, but these are official HTC Rom Upgrade Utilities for official stock devices.
  21. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Was under the impression that you couldn't install any rom's with out being rooted.
    If that isn't the case then oops, either way the best way to question a threads placement is not in the thread itself. Report it for a mod to look over it or pm the guide who moved it(in this case me obviously). Staff will take your points into consideration.
  22. lawig

lawig New Member

Sorry for the noob question.. but, what should i choose to download?
  23. ryanraven

depends what version yo already have you cant install an earlier version if you have a later version.

1.37 is your best bet that one is rootable.
    Froyo isn't rootable as of yet.
    lawig likes this.
  24. lawig

lawig New Member

Thanks!!! I was clueless about what rom to get.:) i thought about getting

RUU_Buzz_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.25.707.1_Radio_13.45.55.24_3.35.15.31_release_142190_signed.exe because im from asia, Philippines exactly.:)

is it ok to follow your methods in this thread "Reflash HTC Wildfire back to factory T-Mobile UK settings" even with diffrent ROM?

but, ill flash it with 1.37 the one you provided.

Thank you very much for the help!!
  25. HTCMaddock

HTCMaddock New Member

I am trying to install RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed to my Wildfire. I have followed the instructions in posts #3 and #9 and i am getting Error 140: Bootloader Version Error.
    Thanks