• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Wildfire T Mobile & Orrange

Roys100

Lurker
Dec 25, 2011
Hi all

This is my first post so thanks for any help in advance.

I have a htc wildfire running andriod 2.2.1 and have been registered to receive T mobile and Orange. However it will only pick up T mobile, data roaming is switched on.

When I switch on and search for networks manually you can login to orange or T mobile but in auto ma-tic mode will only stay on T mobile and when no signal not switch to orange even when there is an orange signal.

My wife has the same phone but when she searches for networks there is a network named T mobile Orange, were mine displays these separate.

Can anyone give any advice how to solve this problem.

Thanks Roy

Hi,

Not sure why you are unable to pick up the Orange signal - might be worth dropping T-Mobile a line. I find the T-Mobile support on Twitter very helpful and quick to respond. You can find them at @TMobileUKhelp.

As for the difference in operator list - that might be down to your SIM card. The SIM card in my Wildfire S I have had for years and always says T-Mobile on the lock screen regardless of whether it is connected to T-Mobile or Orange. The only way I can tell which it is currently connected to is by seleting the 'Search networks' option in settings - a star appears against the network it is currently connected to.

Ben .

Reactions: Roys100
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones