1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

HTC - Work and Travel Scenes - How to protect privacy?Support

1. cmmurthy

cmmurthy Member

How to change the HTC scenes NOT to automatically display an email (GMAIL in my case). I have tried different apps that claim to lock the applications we choose (like email, calendar, contacts, etc) to protect privacy. The problem is that these apps are not able to bring the HTC Scene/s for marking them for protection. This is resulting in protection of the individual apps (Gmail, etc) password protected if activated directly but if I change the scene from mine to HTC Work or Travel Scenes for example, the emails in GMAIL get loaded automatically and can be accessed without any password. Not sure why the App Lock apps cannot offer this for protecting. The answer appears to be correcting the Work and Travel scenes (I think deleting the pages only compels you to save the changed scene in a different name and not in the same original HTC scene names). Can someone guide how to resolve this? This is more to protect the contents and delay access to the data if the phone is lost rather than worrying about the contents while still in possession. In fact, the above is true also through the Phone app. Call History and Contacts cannot be individually accessed when protected but when you open phone, they appear automatically (This is not desired from security point of view though it is very convenient when using). Cover this also in your response as to what best can be done.

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

What model HTC Android device do you have?
    cmmurthy likes this.
  3. cmmurthy

cmmurthy Member

Evo 4G (Sprint) .. got about a month back.
  4. cmmurthy

cmmurthy Member

Being new and as the first posting, I did post it in wrong area. Apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum. Appreciate if you move this to the right area. Going forward, i will take care whenever I post again. Tks
  5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Moving thread to the HTC EVO 4G support forum...
  6. cmmurthy

cmmurthy Member

Thanks for moving to the right forum. I found a similar question in another thread but in respect of HTC Hero and made a cmmment against it. The thread is http://androidforums.com/htc-hero-sprint/19283-modifying-htc-scenes.html. As commented there, looks like the issue is a continuing one .. Nevertheless, want to see if some one has found an app or a solution. Tks