• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC_IME v10 available (landscape working)

May be a stupid question but the HTC keyboard only works on 2.1 mods correct?

I think it's the opposite. I had v10 (first to fix landscape on Droid) and it worked on 2.0.1. I recently updated to the 2.1 ERE25 build and v10,11,12 landscape is broken again. FC everytime. The description on XDA says "Installs on Android < 2.1" but for Droid it's, works on 2.0.1, not on 2.1 :(

Upvote 0
Hi all

I'm the guy that has done this mod. I just wanna give you some quick information since you don't seem to follow the xda thread:

[APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (3rd March: hihres v12, lowres v4) - xda-developers

I would really donate to this guy if the option was there

There is an option to do this in the first post in the xda thread, or just go here: Donate

Hmm I have tried V11 and V12 and it force closes one me when in landscape. Any idea?

Can't get landscape working here either. Soon as my display switches I get the popup that doesn't stop until I go back to portrait.

Yeah Landscape was working for me, but I get FC now in landscape with my 2.1 ERE25 Rom..

This is due to changes in Android between 2.0.1 and 2.1 regarding bitmap scaling code. I have made some hacks to make the background in landscape cover all the screen instead of showing the app beneath it. I've not been able to test this on 2.1 since the scaling doesn't happen on my Nexus. Once I got the reports fixing it was easy. v13 will be released to night Swedish time. It will support landscape on Droid 2.1.

As for "the xda people not showing Droid owners more love" it's really hard for me to do this. I've spent hundreds of hours to make the physical keyboard work and I don't even have one myself! That's why it has taken so much time and is error prone.

An update is coming. Please report issues directly on xda if you want stuff looked at. I can't keep up with all the forums on the internets...

And donations is really appreciated :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, when I updated to Pete's ERE25-based ROM, HTC_IME started to break for me as well. At first, landscape kept FCing. But then I opened it in portrait and then turned my phone sideways and I magically got landscape and it's been working ever since... although at times, I get this annoying bug where I type and it won't show anything. The spelling correction thing will show up and if I press the hide keyboard button, all the text I typed is in the field, it just won't show up in the little box when I type landscape. I can fix that by long pressing on the text box and changing the input method to the stock keyboard and then back to HTC_IME, but that's annoying to do when this bug happens so often.

It's still worth it though! Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon as ERE25-based ROMs get more popular. :)

Upvote 0
I've posted a new test release over at xda. Check out the changelog there.

I'm posting here since there is a change in it for physical keyboards that I can't really test without one myself. If I have got things right, you should now be able to use space bar in URL fields (instead of space giving .com). There shouldn't be any other implications but what do I know, I just coded it :) It would be great if some of you could try it out.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (5th March: hihres v13, lowres v4)

Upvote 0
Love this keyboard.. new version working great on my Droid. Does have it's little hiccups every now n then switching between portrait/landscape, but for the most part works fine. No issues so far with the physical keyboard.

Like others have said, it would be great to fill up the screen if possible in landscape. Making each button just a bit wider would do it nicely I think. Or maybe even getting the kb to center itself in landscape, as it currently aligns to the left side.

That said, thanks for the great work on porting this over for our Droids.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones