HTCDev unlock works on ATT One

1. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

At least that's what this poster at XDA reports. :)

The story's been picked up by AndroidCentral, and will doubtless be appearing on other phone sites as the day rolls on :)

Advertisement
    :
    toad6386 likes this.
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Follow up: engadget are now reporting that this may be a temporary state of affairs.
  3. toad6386

toad6386 Well-Known Member

Hoping the Sprint version will not only remain unlocked but eventually go S-OFF as well... I guess I was spoiled with my 3VO and 4EXT recovery, and it might not be as easy going with the One...
  4. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Got my Phone and Unlock_code.bin I should be all set :)
  5. jehowe

jehowe Active Member

Window is still open for the AT&T flavor. The htcdev site accepted my One's token and I received the unlock file.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

Does this warranty voiding move start when you use the unlock code or when you generate it?
    I don't have a reason to unlock it or root it at the moment but I don't want the door slammed on me either.

I bought the phone outright... I have yet to ask for a sim unlock too.
  7. toad6386

toad6386 Well-Known Member

From my understanding, what HTC says there is basically CYA for any root activities that can lead to premature hardware failure (i.e., overheating caused by OC'ing, etc). It has been said that unless they can see an obvious "mis-use" they will honor the warranty.
    EarlyMon likes this.