HTC's email response to me regarding the 30FPS cap...

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The 'viability' of a software change? XDA proved it could be done. Anyone want to throw me the link to that so I can respond that it is indeed 'viable' ?

Advertisement
  2. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Viable doesn't mean just because some hacker got it to work it should be in the product.

Viable means it can work, be productized, and furthermore, SUPPORTED, by HTC. They might not be able to do that. The phone might not, without sacrificing major battery, heat, or other performance-related issues.

I don't fully side with HTC here, but you guys can't expect them to just up enable this because a couple of people got it to work.

3. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

They most likely know about the XDA findings. They are probably either testing in themselves or they already know how to fix it but are looking into how to optimize it with battery life, etc.

4. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You know, I completely agree. I'm thinking "viability" might mean having to do with product costs. Its been rumored that they didn't want to throw down the $ for the drivers from qualcomm to do it...maybe thats true, maybe it isn't, but I think cost is definitely a factor.

That's why it wouldn't be a bad thing to keep emailing them saying this is a real customer need that could hurt their bottom line and make it worth it to them.

5. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Agreed on all points. After all, it is US (the community) which is inspiring/forcing folks like HTC to build something amazing/innovative. They're getting there, but it's a long process of course, an ever-changing one too..