HTCS One S Or SGS2Support

Last Updated:

1. bapuni2009

bapuni2009 New Member

Hello Guys,

Need your help to finalize my purchase.

Recently I moved to US and planning to go for prepaid mobile connection. My budget is around $300. After lot of searching found SGS2 and HTC One S are best for my budget. Yes, Google Nexus 4 is there but do not when they will start shipping the phone.

I have almost finalized on HTC One S but then I read a lot of issues with the phone.

1. WIFI Connection issue.
    2. Home button problem.
    3. WIFI Calling issue.

Anyone having a TMobile HTC One S can you please confirm if these issues are real or not. And how is the google voice quality with HTC One S?

Thanks in advance.

abhijeet

Advertisement
  2. ProAc_Fan

ProAc_Fan Member

Haven't had the pleasure of using the S2 but I've had no issues using my One S. Absolutely love the HTC and owning a galaxy tablet I can say I'm not a fan of Samsung Kies at all. If you own a Mac Kies is a pain in the butt.

Mike
  3. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

I do not have the specific TMobile model, but i DO have the S4 CPU model...
    Coming from S2, it is a MAJOR improvement over quality and performance !
    If i'm right, TMobile should have by now the 4.1.1 update available [like mine] and i see no issues like the ones you tell.
  4. revs1227

revs1227 Well-Known Member

i have had t mobile model one s since launch with no issues
    and there is ABSOLUTELY no comparison it is 1000 times better than the gs2

now the gs3 is a toss up
    htc one s has a better camera and some say a better screen even though its a lower res
    also like sense better

but yeah wayyyyy better than any gs2
  5. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

Is the S2 with 4 button? One S has 3button and its newer.
  6. nash211

nash211 Member

Not a T mobile customer but love the HTC one, no issues thus far.
  7. razvan06

On Sprint it's with 4 touch buttons, the international version has 2 touch buttons+1 that is old school >>> the Sprint version is as old as the international version ...i think it has 2 years !
  8. frostyisgod

frostyisgod Member

I can tell u right now that the one s is a million times better then the s2.i had the s2 and no matter I did with the phone or to the phone it was always laggy and it was a nightmare. I'd never recommend that phone to anyone it didn't nothing right or smooth.

Using the phone was a drag and I didn't wanna do anything with it in fear or something crashing which it usually did
  9. razvan06

Idk what problems you had with that phone, but this does not mean that what you experienced with your S2 happened to all of the users !
  10. frostyisgod

frostyisgod Member

Very true but when it happens to the s2 and even the original note I'm inclined to believe it's a samsung thing and that's good enough for me to stay away
  11. razvan06

It might be, i don't know... did not own many Samsung's in my time... but i know ONE thing... the HOS is one GREAT phone [...bang-for-buck]

And check this out as proof... [stock kernel, stock rom, just root !] :
    [​IMG]