• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTCSense.com...anyone got it ALL working yet?

In my opinion, it's better not to use HTC Sense.com (i.e. the web app, I am not talking about the Sense user interface) because it contains a lot of serious bugs. It's not your fault that this HTC app is still not working right! HTC may produce brilliant phones, but they don't understand how to develop web software. Try Lookout (very good) or another app for some of the functions.

I recognize all the problems with HTC Sense.com in this thread. Renewing the web account improves the working and the synchronization temporally, but after a week the corruption is back again. The helpdesk of HTC did ask me to activate WAP on my HTC Desire Z ... they don't understand their own products. :-(

Upvote 0
I'm with vodafone in the UK with an HTC Desire and I can't get HTC sense to work.
Read all the posts above, followed all the recommended install tips and still no joy.

I've tried registering 2 different email accounts and I get as far as verify device online but it just never finds the device!

Tried with +44, 0 & 77.... still nothing.

Upvote 0
Mine kinda works now, I can ring the phone, lock it, check where it is (depending on how htcsense.com is running) was a bit confused about the not having any contacts or friends or footprints showing but as I only registered last week I am assuming like Nigredo says this is the reson why... Lets hope they sort it out sharpish as some of the features on it look pretty handy.. The forwarding calls and txt's will be good as I am always forgetting my phone :(

Upvote 0
HTC wrote to me: "Due to server maintenance and performance issues, we were forced to temporarily limit some of the services offered by htcsense.com. Full functionality will return shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We have noted your comments and suggestions. We understand the points that you have made and we are putting these forward to our development and update team. Please keep an eye on our website for any future updates or changes to this in the near future. Please note that we cannot confirm as of yet if we will go ahead with your ideas or not."
In addition, HTCsense.com has serious functional problems, like creating several data inconsistencies. We have to wait using it until the HTC marketing slogans are replaced by trustworthy services :-(

Reactions: brezzo
Upvote 0
Mine has finally started to work, all features as well :) I had back in december tried everything to get it to work to no avail so gave up, had a day off work so gave it another go today and it's all there, I didn't even do anything either so the problems are down to HTC so no matter how many times we delete accounts and re-sign up it wouldn't work; but HTC have finally found the faults somewhere. Atleast in certain regions. I live in Norway and when i tried to sign up via the norwegian htc sense page there wasn't even an option to sign up so did it all via the uk one.

Upvote 0
I have my HTC Desire HD since late december.
(I'm very happy with the phone itself, by the way)
Since then I've been trying HTCSense.com about once a week.
I've tried MS IE and firefox. I've tried several countires. All to no good.
I only get the dashboard. The other tabs don't even show.
And the only thing that works is the phone location map, and to make it ring.
Trying anything else just makes the screen freeze.
This application was actually one of the arguments for me to buy the phone.
It's a shame HTC don't get it to work.
And probably even more shame they don't communicate about their problems.

Upvote 0
I have my HTC Desire HD since late december.
(I'm very happy with the phone itself, by the way)
Since then I've been trying HTCSense.com about once a week.
I've tried MS IE and firefox. I've tried several countires. All to no good.
I only get the dashboard. The other tabs don't even show.
And the only thing that works is the phone location map, and to make it ring.
Trying anything else just makes the screen freeze.
This application was actually one of the arguments for me to buy the phone.
It's a shame HTC don't get it to work.
And probably even more shame they don't communicate about their problems.

I'm not getting the other tabs showing and also nothing else working ! Have been trying for the past week.

Upvote 0
I find it kind of wierd that lookout and wavesrcure can do this sort of thing for all android phones and htc can't even get it working properly for 2 phones what a joke
Agreed, very disappointing, I find it very bad on HTC's side that many 3rd party companies can get the basics working and HTC can't. Looks to me that HTC seem only interested in new hardware every couple of months and not software or upgrades for older models.

Wavesecure - Sense that WORKS!
Winamp - Wireless sync that works
MyPhoneExplorer - Sync to computer that WORKS!

Come on HTC I love your phone but and getting very deluded by your software and support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones