• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTCSense.com...anyone got it ALL working yet?

Followed some of the suggestions mentioned in this thread, deleted my account and setup a new one using a different email addy.

Left it for about 24hrs and then logged back in, it seems to be working now. Tracked down my location pretty quickly and was within about 10-20m.

The ring function works, and if the phone has a good signal/3g/wifi at the time it takes less than a second from clicking ring to the phone ringing.

The lock works, but can take a while longer... set it up and it took about 5 mins before the phone locked... could be that the signal had dropped as it can be a little intermittent around here.

Upvote 0
My original problem :-
HTCSense.com - After one year from purchase of my Desire HD the HTCSense.com site still only has the basic functions of Forward Calls & Forward Messages, Ring, Lock Device, Erase Device and Device Location.
09 Dec 2011 I spoke with Luke who instructed me to remove account then connect via 3G, sign in then allow sync to take place which I did and still no change.
My question is how much longer before HTC says I will never have the full functions instead of saying the site is under construction or site under maintenance etc?!
Thank you.

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your Desire HD I understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with HTC Sense. In order to be able to assist you further, please provide the following additional information: Please can you advsie me which services you can access and which you cannot as currently HTC Sense is working very well for most. I look forward to receiving the above information so that I may respond to your query fully.

I can access Forward Calls & Forward Messages, Ring, Lock Device, Erase Device and Device Location.
Rest are missing?

Thank you for your email regarding the HTC Sense functions. The functions you have working are the only ones available to users at the current time. HTC Hub - Footprints - People - Messages - Missed Calls are still not available but we are working on this and hoping they will be available for you in the future. I hope that this information meets with your requirements. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.2011/12/13 11:52:03

Can you answer then why I have friends and people who have bought a phone around the sametime who have full access and fuctions?!!! What makes it any different for me???

Thank you for your email regarding the functions of HTC Sense. Individuals who set up their Sense account after October 2010 would not be expected to have access to these HTC Sense functions of HTC Hub - Footprints - People - Messages - Missed Calls. These functions are not officially supported for people who set up their Sense accounts after October 2010, but as I said before, we are working on this issue and hopefully all functions will be available for all customers in the future. I am sorry I cannot help you further with these functions at the moment, please keep your eye on our htc.com website which has links to our Facebook page and Twitter feed to keep up to date with the latest news on HTC Sense. I hope that this information meets with your requirements. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Upvote 0
HTCsense.com can work!!!

We, as buyers, are tricked by the false advertising of HTC. Therefore I am fighting to get things right. In this I already succeeded letting HTC activate my account (HTC desire Z bought on 22-09-2011) and that of a friend of my (HTC desire HD bought on 15-12-2010). Below you will find my steps.

Steps:
+Ask HTC why you can

Upvote 0
Hi Esetr - don't get me wrong... I think HTCSense.com is a good idea, but it's just naff... I rooted my phone, so can't use it now anyway, so I'm not really missing anything - you can get apps from the market that do the majority of the stuff that the website should be doing anyway (if you're that bothered about it)!

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones