htcsense.com Problems!Support

Last Updated:

1. jmutton

jmutton Member This Topic's Starter

Hello there,

Just this last week I received my first contract phone after many years on pay-as-you-go.

I ordered the HTC Desire HD direct from Vodafone.

I'm loving it... however one of the reasons for buying this phone was to be able to use the htcsense.com portal to view message, contacts and to use the other features if the phone gets lost etc...

I've created my htcsense.com account and all I can see is one page with the phone finder, forward calls, forward texts, make phone ring, secure my phone. All of these work fine but where are the other features?!?! Theres no Dashboard, Footprints , People, Messages or HTC Hub links anywhere on that page. I've linked a screenshot I found off the internet - I'm guessing this is what I should be seeing...

[​IMG]

Anyone has any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Tried another browser? Works fine with Firefox for me. Not heard this particular problem before, thought from the title you were going to ask why nothing was working ..... :)

Dave

3. jmutton

I have tried IE and Firefox - Still no menu :(

4. jmutton

This is all I'm seeing. I have tried three different computers :(

[​IMG]

5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Did you allow "HTC Sense" Syncronisation in the Setting of your DHD?
    Maybe you have to create a new account in > Settings > Accounts & Sync with "HTC Sense".

Harry

6. WigglesGRN

WigglesGRN Well-Known Member

I have mailed HTC about this ... they said "the site is not 100% finished yet so keep trying"

7. jmutton

On my HTC Desire HD I have the following ticked:

• Sync HTC Sense
    • Sync HTC Hub
    • Update when opened
    • Update Schedule - Push
    This is setup using my googlemail account.

8. jmutton

I've tried all sorts... recreating the htcsense account, removing the sync account from my desire and I still can't see the buttons! :(

9. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I saw a post on another thread (may have also been another forum!) that said htc had replied and said, and I paraphrase here, 'some features have been removed from new users because of a performance problem. Normal service as soon as possible etc etc '. So it would seem that you can only see the one window at present and I'd just keep checking back plus checking the various forums for information.

Dave

10. Klynx

Klynx New Member

HTCsense.com is still not up. I've contact HTC regarding this and received a similar replying "performance issue, repairing, will be up soon"...

:mad:

11. redrox2110

redrox2110 Active Member

I have the same issue. I tried all the suggestions too, deleting my original account and creating a new one. The ironic thing is the navigation buttons at the top were visible with my old account, contacts, call history and messages all synchronized as they are supposed to, but none of the phone features worked (lock, ring remotely, location, etc.)

Now, with the new account, the lock, ring and location functions work fine, but everything else is gone :(

Oh well, it sounds like patience is a virtue in this story...I think HTC is still working on things...but how long can it take?!

12. chairman_woo

chairman_woo Active Member

I had the exact same thing, buttons were there (but dident really do much) untill i removed and remade my account. Now I have nothing but the locator screenand that refuses to talk to my phone.

Oh well shure it will be fixed sooner or later...

13. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

Btrivedi likes this.
  14. st230

st230 Well-Known Member

Try clearing the browser cache.

15. jmutton

I have tried cleaning the browser cache and I've tried this on three different computers. Still no luck :(

16. scuzzrocks1984

scuzzrocks1984 New Member

is this working for anyone yet, as i only get the screen shot of what was posted above. It wont even show the location of my phone and it is all set up correctly, thanks

17. syphon3filter

syphon3filter New Member

i got my DHD two weeks ago. I was very disappointed to notice that the htcsense www is not working at all. I was very excited to see this htc www and honestly this was the core factor determining my choice of DHD over others. anyway my htcsense www is still not working only got the phone finder applet working. i wrote a mail to HTC and thats what they replied to me

"
    Thank you for contacting HTC.
    We are working on getting the site back up and running as soon as possible. Full functionality will be restored to all customers shortly. We don't have information about the date though.

Best regards

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 11PLC

Sincerely,

Anna

HTC"

PS: HTC is a shame and i can't understand that because we are paying a fortune for this phone and we cant get what is due to us...

18. ycb04

ycb04 Member

Wavesecure or lookout seems a better option

19. ruthlessme

ruthlessme New Member

Also on the front page at HTC sense it says have not got phone locator on but I have it switched on on the phone. The phone support staff are useless. Contacted them with another problem as well and they were no help.

20. springy

springy Well-Known Member

I don't know when they are going to fix this. My still hasn't got the tabs along the top which is annoying.
    Maybe have to wait till the next update is pushed to the Desire HD...

21. jmutton

Well I've nearly had this phone for 4 months and its still not working, not impressed!

22. jmutton

Still not working...

23. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

Same here.

24. Sombre

Sombre Well-Known Member

It might be annoying not having 'all' the buttons that are supposed to be there, but remember Sense is a FREE service, and regardless of what buttons you have there you can still find, call, lock and delete your phone which is better than any other manufacturer has provided.

Cheers.

25. jockdee

jockdee Active Member

Not when it's down for maintenance you can't....