HTCSync Calendar with Outlook via USB failsSupport

1. nancy124

nancy124 New Member

HTCSync of calendar app (the one that comes with the phone) with MS Outlook via USB used to work fine. Now I get an error message "Unable to copy calendar items from your device". HTC Tech support recommends wiping the phone clean and rebuilding. They have other customers that have experienced the same thing and they have no fix for this issue, and they say it can happen again. While I've been happy with the phone for the 6 weeks I've owned it, I cannot completely rebuild the phone every couple of months. I know my frustration stems from having spent 3 years with another model of HTC that I should have ditched from day one, but I like the Thunderbolt and would like to keep it, IF it is going to be reliable.

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. -Nancy

What I'm using:
    HTC Sync version 3.0.5511
    Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
    MS Outlook 2007
    USB connection for syncing

HTC Thunderbolt Model ADR6400L
    Calendar app that came with phone
    Runs Android 2.2.1

Advertisement
  2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

What has taken place since the last time the Calendar would sync correctly? Any updates on the phone or the computer, Anti-virus updates? You can try toggling Add-Ons off and back on in Outlook to see if that helps. And are you syncing outlook via a personally licensed copy of Outlook or are you using Outlook from your job? Sometimes companies run security updates that can prevent data connections.
  3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

4. wrkrbee

wrkrbee Member

From the get go I had the same problems. Contacts would sync fine, but not calendar. Finally called support and had to tell them what to type into google to prove that others were having issue. After being on hold, was told it's a problem with their newest version of Sync and Outlook 2007. So if they know what the problem is why not institute a work around? They had me roll back to a previous version of sync.

That didn't work and produced the same error.

Paid software would have been an option if I didn't want to use the phone's built in calendar and contact applications.

I really didn't want my information out on a website which had the potential to be hacked, but was forced to do so. Installed Google's app which runs on your PC to sync between Outlook's calendar and to google'sand back.

That app can be found here: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

So far so good AND I do not have to rely upon plugging the phone into my computer in order for it to sync and I also have the added functionality to add to the calendar (if there is a lot to type) from any web browser.
  5. Thunder22

Thunder22 Well-Known Member