HTML Email with HTC Mail?Support

Last Updated:

1. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys whats the deal with the HTC Mail app? When i get an HTML email and try to view it through the HTC mail app i see the HTML markup rather than the rendering. I don't see any formatting option. WHen i hit the menu button when i have the email open i just have:
    Received, see conversation, compose, mark unread, delete, and forward. I can't imagine HTC leaving this out of there mail app because so many emails today are HTML. Of course if you can't view HTML email i will have to download another app...so if you can't what out there is good. I will always view my gmail through googles app because the native functionality but i need something for my other emails.

thanks,
    Ncage

Advertisement
  2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan Member

Bump... So what's the deal with no HTML email support for exchange on Android? My coworkers with iPhones have no problem getting HTML email over our exchange server, so what's Android's problem? I hear this may not be a problem with Exchange 2007, but my office is still running Exchange 2003. I feel like I'm stuck in the year 2000 viewing simple text emails on my phone -- very lame. Are there any free apps that get around this HTML email problem?

3. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I noticed this happened early on for me a couple times, then tweaked a setting that fixed it. If you go in to the mail app, click menu>more>settings>send & receive, see what you have set for the 'Mail Size Limit' setting. Since HTML takes up more space, when I had the default setting for this, it wouldn't download the message because it was larger than the amount specified. I now have this set to 'Entire Mail' and haven't had a problem since. Also, and more importantly, make sure your option for message format is set to HTML and not plain text. Hope that helps!

4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan Member

That probably works with POP email and other accounts you might access through the HTC Mail app, but that trick doesn't work with Microsoft Exchange emails (i.e. my work email). I have the size limit set at "Entire Mail" but even with that setting, the "Message Format" option is grayed out -- although you can see it's set on "plain text."