• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTS Sensation shuts Off And Continues to

StevenReed

Lurker
Jan 7, 2013
I own a HTC Sensation and lately I have been experiencing the phone randomly shutting down. It can be when I'm taking pictures or not doing anything with the phone. I am not sure what the cause of this is. But more recently, I experience the phone shutting down, then I will try to turn it on, and half way through booting up it will just shut off again.

The battery of my phone can be at half way and it will do this, so I know that the battery being low is not the problem. Also, sometimes it will try turning itself on and continue never to fully boot up. I am not sure why it will do this and it has only been happening recently. I'll plug it into the charger and boot it up, and the battery will be ridiculously low. Usually around 3-5%. This is frustrating because if I need to make an important phone call and don't have a charger handy due to battery being fairly high, I'm more or less out of luck. I think this occurs more when I have data and Wifi on, but I should not have to sacrifice using these features hence that being the reason I had purchased the phone. It'd be pointless to use the phone, and pay for data if I can only use it at home when I own a computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

P.S. phone has never gotten wet, so water damage is not a problem.

Hi Steven, it's a bit of a long shot, but have you installed any apps recently close to when the problem started occurring?

Is your phone overheating at all? Can you feel it getting hot?

Have you tried another battery?

You could also try doing a factory reset, see if that resolved the issue (that would wipe all user data though so let me know what you would need backed up and I could recommend some apps that might be able to do it for you).

Upvote 0
If I did a factory reset, the only thing I'd be worried about losing would be my contacts. As far as songs or ringtones I have put on phone, I could re add them at a later time.

Thank You for the reply, I will remove a couple of more recent programs I added and see if maybe that does help. There have been a few times the phone has felt hot while I am actively on it, but shouldn't it be able to handle my using it?

Upvote 0
If it's just the contacts, they might be synced to Google anyway. If you here via a PC: https://www.google.co.uk/contacts/#contacts and sign in with the gmail account details associated to your phone, do you see a list of contacts that are on your phone? If no, it's easy enough to transfer them.

Let me know and I'll write up instructions for you. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones