1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Huawei Ascend 3G Cant connectSupport

1. Huawei Sean

Huawei Sean Active Member

I noticed that on my notification bar, the 3G box with arrows pointing up and down no longer appears. i still have full service, but when I try to get online, it says "Network Connection Error" or something like that.

I have done research, and I tried numerous things like like going into the settings, getting a widget to turn 3G on/off, and airplane mode on/off. None of these work.

My 3G has worked fine in the past, but now, the only way to connect is Wifi. I have not done any updates recently ( unless an automatic update occurred that i didn't know about. ) My Huawei Ascend is Rooted, if that matters.

Does Anyone have any ideas of what to do to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. -Lulu

-Lulu Well-Known Member

its not 3g its 1x - Try loading up your browser and see if it comes bk - Turn wifi off first. - If this doesnt work then Restart your phone - Turn off wifi again And it should be bk.
    Huawei Sean likes this.
  3. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

Sometimes when that happens I enable Airplane Mode for a few seconds then to turn it back off, and it all reconnects.
    leo801 likes this.
  4. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

My 3g has been going off more than usual lately, but it always comes back on. Maybe cricket is working on something. If it doesn't come back on, try *228. If that doesn't work, you will have to call cricket cs. (I'm assuming you are on cricket because metro doesn't have 3g)
  5. koke

koke New Member

Ive done all that from resting my phone ta going to customer care even they dnt kno wats going on.....I NEED HELP cuz im nt buying another phone nd i didnt break it at least nt another one of there phones...plus my phones TAPPED
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

If you're using a task killer or JUICE DEFENDER,or any similar apps,ditch them.Juice defender has been known to interfere w/the data connection.
  7. koke

koke New Member

Bt thats the thing i dnt have any apps ive restarted my phone nd its still nt working. I took it to customer care nd the dude didnt even kmo wat was wrong with it...
  8. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Your phone is tapped? Or do you mean its the Tapout edition?
  9. LiveBaitNinja

LiveBaitNinja New Member

I have the same problem, and have since I got the phone (cricket). CS is pointless, they are clueless unless you happen to speak Farsi. Seriously, ask them where in India they are located and they will outright lie to you and get very upset. I wish I had never fallen for this scam phone, that cannot be upgraded to 2.2 unlike the Zio. No market app at all works without wifi, no matter what I do. The store personnel only know how to ring up a sale, but are useless as a screen door on a submarine if you need any technical help at all.

My best advice would be to run, not walk, to a different carrier that doesn't consider you a mark to be fleeced.
  10. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

maybe try reflashing with the stock Cricket rom?
  11. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Been corresponding w/a member here in A/F via PM who is on CRICKET & has also been experiencing 3G issues.They had to reflash the stock 2.1.1 ECLAIR OS & problem solved,3G is working again.
  12. wakkitty

wakkitty Member

Isn't this phone supposed to have 3G? 1x is really crappy and I don't use my phone where I can connect to WiFi.
  13. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

The phone can have 3g, but metro only has 1x....sux...glad I'm with cricket.
  14. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

yea really does suck
  15. Anduiril

Anduiril Well-Known Member

Please use the search function before starting new threads. If you had you would have seen your question answered MANY times.
    1x is the phone symbol for 1xRtt, which is the first technology of 3g. 3g is the phone symbol for 1xEvDo (note they both start with 1x, which means 1 radio), which is a newer and faster technology. The 1x and 3g on the phones is to distinguish the two but BOTH ARE 3g.
    Everyone with Metro feels your pain (except the 4g customers).
    wakkitty likes this.
  16. wakkitty

wakkitty Member

Sorry for not doing a search.

Thanks.
  17. Anduiril

Anduiril Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much about it. Now you know for future questions, and hopefully you'll get your answer without having to wait.

Enjoy your phone!
  18. Treydude

Treydude Well-Known Member

Ok so I am just rooted atm, no roms. Up until an hour ago 3g was fine then I noticed the little 3g symbol was gone but I could still send receive txts. I cant however download MMS or send MMS nor can I access the market or the web.

Thought I would bounce this off people here before I spend an hour with customer service and eventually end up spending another 80 dollars for another refurbished phone.
  19. Treydude

Treydude Well-Known Member

I tried calling customer service, seems they are using a different support group who does not handle customer service related issues at this time...

I am on Cricket fyi
  20. nmouw

nmouw New Member

I need some help! my android huawei ascend says it can not connect to internet server... I cant check my email, get on the marketplace or do anything besides make phone calls and text. but when i do make a phone call in the middle of the call the phone was making other calls without me attempting another call... Im so confused, it did say earlier in the day that it was unable to download automatic update... any suggestions?
  21. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

I called customer service, and Cricket is having 3g outages in several places all over the country. I am in Tucson, Az and I am having the same problem....lets hope they resolve it fast. I am just glad I didn't cause it with one of the mods I did to my phone.it will come back don't worry. It is not your phone it is Cricket
    KOLIO likes this.
  22. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

If you are on Cricket, they are having 3g outages right now all over the country, in several places
    Blasty711 likes this.
  23. huawei2011

huawei2011 New Member

how do you reflash it cause i did everything and i still cannot connect to internet
  24. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

DON'T REFLASH! if you are on Cricket, they are having 3g outages right now!!!! It is Cricket not your phone, they will fix it, I just got of the phone with customer service, just gotta wait it out!!!!!!

update! my 3g just came back on, so just wait it out, they are having this problem all over the country in several areas
    Blasty711 and KOLIO like this.
  25. huawei2011

huawei2011 New Member

so thats why i can not connect to internet cricket is working on it. good i thought my phone was down i just got the phone..