Huawei Ascend faqs from the huawei.com forumGeneral

1. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

This takes a few minutes to download but is EVERY THING you wanted to know about your Huawei Ascend!

:)

Huawei Ascend M860 FAQs

This was obtained originally from the Huawei.com website but is no longer there. I was
    able to find a copy of the original URL. I have no idea why it was removed.

The link has now been fixed but I don't know how long it will stay good so my advice is that you save it to your computer.

Advertisement
    :
    KOLIO and ventovic like this.
  2. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

I think that I'm missing something here. When I go to download it says Huawei Device and stuff at the top but no download starts.
  3. Anduiril

Anduiril Well-Known Member

I'm not getting it either. It gives me 2 forums with one post but that's it. I've even registered and nothing changes. What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox and maybe they don't have it set up for it.
  4. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

Same here, no thread on the page, just a subject, and no links or other content. Page is done loading, so I don't see how anything else can show up.
  5. Jazziette

Sorry Guys! I don't know what happened to it. I downloaded it the other day and saved the URL. Now I can't find it. It downloads into Microsoft Word and it's very detailed. They might have taken it down for some reason. I'll see if I can find it in my downloads.
    Lennatron likes this.
  6. Lennatron

I'm using Chrome.
  7. BlastGT1

Pale Moon (Firefox variant) here, but I don't think this is a browser issue. I think they removed the content.
  8. Jazziette

Firefox here and I downloaded it before using FF. I'm in agreement with Blast. They must have removed it for some reason because I can't find it now anywhere on the Huawei Forum. Dang! I hope I can find it on my computer but so far it hasn't turned up.
  9. Lennatron

I have Chrome and FF. In FF you can go to tools> downloads so it'll be easier to find.:)
  10. Jazziette

Oh good idea. I really thought I had saved it.
  11. Jazziette

I don't have it anywhere. It isn't showing in my FF downloads but I clear my cache, etc. daily. Oh well.
  12. BlastGT1

You could also do a wildcard search for it, if you know what the file extension is. If it was a Word doc, for example, do a search for *.doc or, if it was a PDF, *.pdf would work as well.

Caution on wildcard searches though, if you know any part of the filename besides just the extension, you would be well advised to use that, such as Ascend*.pdf because making a wildcard search that is too broad could bring up a LOT of results. If you want an example of what I mean by too broad, have a little fun by searching for *.dll on your PC if you run Windows.
  13. Jazziette

I couldn't find it that way Blast. LOL I tried every which way. But I did eventually find it.

I found it somewhere else. I have now downloaded it to my computer and I've changed the link in the OP so that you can now download the word document from Huawei.

:)
    Jon22 and fjs like this.
  14. Lennatron

Thanks for doing all this for us! I'm downloading it now.:)
    Jazziette likes this.
  15. Jazziette

You're very welcome Lenny! You are most definitely one of the nicest posters here. I hope you find it helpful. :)
    Lennatron likes this.
  16. Anduiril

Thanks Jazzi. I'll check it out as soon as I get to a computer. You are a doll. :)
  17. Zenofsong

Zenofsong Well-Known Member

Is it possible that anyone can put this guide on sendspace.com and post the link or something? The above link no longer works. I'm a new huawei user and i want to learn ever last trick this thing has
  18. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Just read thru the Ascend section here ;)
  19. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

this is the most by far android you can root/flash roms with a few simple clicks...
  20. Zenofsong

I'm sorry?
  21. PlayfulGod

Think he was saying that the Ascend is a easy phone to root n flash. With a lil research on this board and others, theres about nothing you cant do to it. ;)
    Zenofsong likes this.
  22. Zenofsong

Oh.. Yeah, I'm discovering that. Great phone. Used to have a palm pre and i thought nothing could be better. This is a bit slower, but the features are amazing sofar.
  23. PlayfulGod

just imagine how good the highend phones are lol
  24. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

25. Anduiril

Have you rooted yet or tried a custom rom? Icarus is a great one to start with.