Huawei Ascend - How to do a Factory ResetSupport

Last Updated: 2014-05-04 10:50:20
  1. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

How to do a factory reset on the Ascend

First take the battery out for five minutes and then put back in. Hold down the power, volume up and send buttons until in vibrates at the cricket screen.

That's all there is to it.

:)

Advertisement
    Lennatron, cast71 and ventovic like this.
  2. Jazziette

The above instructions are for when you can't get in to do it any other way. I think most would understand that but thank you for your input. :)
  3. Jazziette

Okay then you post here how to do it and I'll change it!

:)
  4. PiLsBuRy

PiLsBuRy New Member

Hello there. I am new to this site and to the rooting basics. I got a little ahead of myself and deleted the mms.apk and mms.odex files using root explorer. I need some assistance, if I may, to get my text messaging working again. Please and thank you.
  5. Nolasco

Nolasco New Member

Ok, in doing this, will I lost all the info (contacts, emails) already set?
  6. ♥heartbeeps

♥heartbeeps New Member

When I do it, it says Firmware Update failed. =/
  7. Scooby9750

Scooby9750 New Member

Same here, whats up with that?
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Try again holding down the same three buttons simultaneously,but,in the following sequence,it makes a difference:

1)Volume UP
    2)Call button,then
    3)Press & hold the Power button

Make sure you press & hold all three buttons,it should work.Sometimes you will still get the FIRMWARE 1/2 FAIL,just pull out the battery & try again.Hope this works for you.
    camachousa and DMajor239 like this.
  9. londonstylz

londonstylz Well-Known Member

everytime i do it goes into clockwork mod menu/ i want to unroot and go back to stock. how do i do this
  10. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

11. Scooby9750

Scooby9750 New Member

Ok so I did all that step by step and got the fail again so I pulled out the battery for 5 mins and tried again still same boat.... Should I try flashing it back to stock or is the another way?
  12. cesar1

cesar1 New Member

The Phone has to be off before you hold the Volume Key, Call button, and Power button in that order.
  13. madejenery

madejenery New Member

i did all of that but im still on ClockworkMod, what do i do after that ?:(
  14. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Are you trying to go back to stock?
  15. madejenery

madejenery New Member

no i'm trying to downgrade my phone, my friend upgraded it ; but my apps deleted so i want to down grade it but when i did this it just stays in the same screen , it doesn't do anything but say Data wipe complete . and i don't know what to do after this to get my phone to turn on .
  16. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Downgrade to what tho?
    Can0dope likes this.
  17. madejenery

madejenery New Member

18. Can0dope

Can0dope Well-Known Member

19. madejenery

madejenery New Member

Yeah it kinda is ; because they upgraded it to a 3.0.0.5 , and it deleted all my apps , so i wanted to downgraded back to a 2.3 ; and he did . but when i turn it on it stays on one screen , and it doesn't do anything . so when i tried to factory reset it , it just stays on that same screen it doesn't do anything .
  20. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Uhhhhhhh 3.0.0.5 isnt an Android version...... Its a Clockworkmod recovery version.....

You wiped out the OS when doing a what you thought was a "factory reset" Clockwork isnt a factory feature. If you want to fix your phone now you have to either flash a custom rom again. (IE CM7, CM6,PlayfulMod, Icarus) or flash it back to stock. Using the recovery scripts.

Its up to you what you want to do. Just post in the correct thread and anyone here can and will help you if you need help.
    Can0dope likes this.
  21. danial haikal

danial haikal New Member

hey i'm uses huawei ideos s7..i give my freng to play my unlock pattern then i can't unock it coz i want the google account...but i forgot my google account how i want to do help me...plzzzzzzzzz
  22. danial haikal

danial haikal New Member

Hey I have A Huawei phone too. Its an android and I have a problem. I let a friend play with the unlock pattern to many times and I cant remember my gmail account password or anything about. Please help me. All that I can do is recieve phone calls and I have an emergency dialer but it wont work when I access those codes…. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!
  23. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Hi welcome to Android forums!

The people over at Huawei Ideos S7 - Android Forums may be able to help you better and faster.
  24. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

25. Aleicia

Aleicia New Member

ok but after that is what will change ?