Huawei Ascend - How to do a Hard ResetSupport

1. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

How to do a hard reset:

How to reset the Huawei Ascend using the buttons:

First remove battery for a few minutes and then put it back in.

Then at the same time hold the following:

volume up, call button and power button (hold until it vibrates)

When it asks for permissions select:

select wipe data/ factory to reset

That's it!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Marco, or whoever you are, LOL, please feel free to put your own complete instructions in here. I am attempting to put together some trouble shooting tips for those who need them. If they can be made better I would appreciate it and then I will adjust the first post accordingly.

Thanks! :)
  3. jrtran

jrtran Member

It works!
  4. Would this fix any touch screen out of sync type of problems?
  5. dondoji

dondoji New Member

lilmissdarcy likes this.
  6. SkylakeGoon

SkylakeGoon Member

I have been trying to do this but when i click on select wipe data/ factory to reset my system is not responsive. Nothing at all it wont select any of the options.
    PLEASE HELP ME!
  7. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Try settings> privacy> factory data reset
  8. GalvestonGal

GalvestonGal New Member

Nothing happened at all. No vibration, zip. Had alrady taken out battery earlier, and the lights just flash on and off, on and off. Followed instructions above, beginning with again removing the battery, waiting, and pushing the three buttons together but ... nothing. Now screem is black after flashing for like ten mnutes. What is wrong here?! Haven't delted anything today, worked fine until I bought a new charger yesterday. It acts like it charged it but ???
  9. shadow011289

shadow011289 New Member

OMG u r a GOD !!! i had been trying to unlock this phone for a week and a half nonstop... i had no idea...
  10. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

11. radvaz11

radvaz11 Member

when I press volume up, call, and the power button it boots up the the huawei logo screen and stays there. it wont take me to recovery mode... anyone know why?
    EasyMoney81 likes this.
  12. Sonasam

Sonasam Active Member

jazzi u dont know how much of a headache u relieve me from. thank u thank u very much for your knowlege
  13. nuttmeg

glad your up and running.
  14. dnavarro

dnavarro New Member

I tried doin the reset but when i do it just stayes on the white screen with the huawei logo.. any ideas what else i can do.
  15. nuttmeg

16. EasyMoney81

EasyMoney81 New Member

Logo stuck on srceencan anyone help fix
  17. Sonasam

Sonasam Active Member

i tried to do a factory reset on my huawei ascend and now my phone is stuck on the cm7 android screen. please help me figure this out. do i got to take it in to the store?
  18. nuttmeg

flash the recovery file according to your carrier.
    Sonasam likes this.
  19. Sonasam

Sonasam Active Member

thanx nuttmeg. i didnt have to do that though. i installed cm7 again on my phone even though i didnt have cwm according to rom manager, hella weird. now im up and running smooth as new amsterdam but knowin my incompetence i'll b hollerin back!
  20. nuttmeg

glad your up and running!!! :)
  21. Haleyhaybae

Haleyhaybae New Member

This worked out good for me. All i had to do is take out my battery for 3 minutes and then press the volume up ; call button ; and power button! then click ; Select wipe data / factory to reset & then click reboot phone now.

The only bad thing about it was that i lost all my contacts , and messages , and calls . :(

But i'm glad that i have my phone working again . i missed it the 30 minutes i didnt know what to do. :D
  22. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forums! In case you ever need to reset your phone again, you can sync them to your Google account, our save them to the sd card.
  23. kiaramexo

kiaramexo New Member

I did this, and it worked! BUT, now I'm stuck at the "Tap me to begib" "welcome to m860" screen. It won't let me tap it :( I can only use the scroll ball. HELP!
  24. nuttmeg

pull your battery for about 2 minutes than boot it back up, also what carrier are you with?
  25. kiaramexo

kiaramexo New Member

I tried this, but it didnt work. I'm with cricKet