Huawei Ascend - Re-install Google Talk Instructions

1. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Make a mistake and uninstall Google Talk?

Here's how to get it back:

Step 1:

Download, Extract, and Transfer the contents of this zipped folder to your phone. You can simply do this by plugging your phone in via usb, and dropping the rootexplorer.apk into your download folder.

Link: [warez link removed]

Then, go into file manager, Tap the SD Card Tab, go to download folder, and install the root explorer.apk

Step 2:

Download, Extract, and Transfer the contents of this zipped folder to the same download folder.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1239859/Talk App and Services.zip

Step 3:

Go into root explorer, navigate to your SD card, then to the download folder where you will find the following files

1 gtalkservice.apk
    2 talk.apk
    3 talkprovider.apk

These are the 3 you just transferred over.

Step 4:

Long press on one of those, and click copy or move. Once you click copy, you will see your next option on screen is to paste. Click back 2 times, and scroll to the bottom and you will see system, click system, then click apps. Paste that into apps. Then go back to the download folder again inside your sd card, and do the same for the remaining two files. Once all 3 are moved or copied into the /system/app folder, reboot your phone, and try to download something, if you get the force close error still, then do a hard reset.

Advertisement
    Ballbucket, Scur, Blasty711 and 4 others like this.
  2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

I had to figure this out myself a few days ago. Took forever to find gtalkservice.Apk.
  3. thejayjetson

thejayjetson Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH Jazziette!!!!!!!!!!
    I signed up to this forum just to tell you that your instructions worked for me, another person who also uninstalled Talk. I will be sure to never attempt doing that again.
    Jazziette likes this.
  4. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Hi Jay! Welcome to the forum and thanks so much for your post! That was very nice of you. :D

Hope you like us enough to stick around!

:)
  5. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

6. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

It should work with any phone.
  7. ymss

ymss Member

I tried it but when I paste it it comes up that it can't be pasted because its a read only file. Please help
    chasidawnxo likes this.
  8. Blasty711

Blasty711 Active Member

The instructions above didn't work for me. Trying Hard Reset after backing up data with Titanium Backup to laptop.
  9. Blasty711

Blasty711 Active Member

On the top right of Root Explorer you can change it R/W instead of R/O.
    Gmash likes this.
  10. hepari

hepari New Member

I just have to say, thank you so much for being there for us when we need it the most! God Bless you all for being so smart! I followed the instructions on my Huawei Ascend M860 and it worked perfectly!

You guys Rock!:)
  11. Xx huawei xx

Xx huawei xx New Member

The link for the three gtalk apk files doesnt work.
  12. Ballbucket

Ballbucket New Member

It seems it doesn't anymore. Although the instructions may not be phone specific, are the files? If so, can anyone with a rooted Ascend please upload them for us? It would be super appreciated.

If anyone out there knows if the files are not phone specific could you say so? :eek: That way I could just go and try and find them somewhere...
  13. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

They should work for any ANDROID phone.Try one of the many file sharing sites available for the needed files.
    Ballbucket likes this.
  14. Ballbucket

Ballbucket New Member

Badass. Thank you to everyone for their help. I can use the market again!
  15. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

just remember dont uninstall anything with google on it.:rolleyes:
    Ballbucket likes this.
  16. flyguy91tapout

flyguy91tapout New Member

Im kind of a noob to all of this,i went and deletd google talk but i got it back so im able to download apps from the market now,but my mms not working what so ever,im not sure what it is,i rooted with z4 ro0t,2.1 android,
  17. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

search these forums and theres alot of topics of MMS not working and your problem is similar
  18. flyguy91tapout

flyguy91tapout New Member

i did but most of them are with people that has cm7 and stuff i dont even know what that is
  19. kevinrubio

okay, so did u make a backup of google talk?
  20. KOLIO

Try the app APN MANAGER.It fixed my MMS problems. (CM7 CRICKET)
    matter0ni likes this.
  21. lexiluv

lexiluv Active Member

HOw exactly did you go about fixing your MMS, mine was working for a few days with cm7 and now I can't get MMS
  22. kevinrubio

get the app that he mentioned, APP MANAGER, and create one or edit one to metroPCS or cricket(although if your on cricket it should work)
  23. lexiluv

lexiluv Active Member

Yea you are no help, I'll wait for his answer k thank you
  24. KOLIO

Once you download APN MANAGER:

1) Select which carrier applies to you{CRICKET or METRO PCS}

2) Activate APN

3) Exit the APN MANAGER app.

That's it.You should now be able to send/receive SMS/MMS.Now go into MESSAGING >SETTINGS & select notifications.This isn't actually necessary but to confirm that SMS/MMS is working properly. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
    matter0ni likes this.
  25. lexiluv

lexiluv Active Member

DO I have to edit it and put my phone number in the mdn@mycricket.com
    it seems as if i can only receive MMS from cricket users