• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Huawei Ascend TapOut Help!!!

CNISTER1

Lurker
Oct 10, 2011
Hello everybody!

I recently upgraded my phone to the Samsung Admire because I got so frustrated with the Ascend TapOut! Long story short my 14yr old son wants the phone and so I would like to root it? to give him a better experience with this phone than what I had. I don't know anything about rooting so if anyone could direct me to a how-to for this phone it would greatly be appreciated!

Rooting it will defiantly increase your experience as you're able to get rid of useless Metro Apps and free up space as well as be able to customize it far outside the phone's locked boundaries.

However, the Ascend TapOut Edition is different than the Ascend, the TapOut is HW-M860SE, the others are simply HW-M860. You can find info about yours here.

http://androidforums.com/huawei-ascend-tapout/

However, looks a little bleak in there, I'm not defiantly sure if there's any difference with using apps meant for the original.

Here's what you requested though, there's guides and everything in there for you. http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/

Upvote 0
Rooting it will defiantly increase your experience as you're able to get rid of useless Metro Apps and free up space as well as be able to customize it far outside the phone's locked boundaries.

However, the Ascend TapOut Edition is different than the Ascend, the TapOut is HW-M860SE, the others are simply HW-M860. You can find info about yours here.

http://androidforums.com/huawei-ascend-tapout/

However, looks a little bleak in there, I'm not defiantly sure if there's any difference with using apps meant for the original.

Here's what you requested though, there's guides and everything in there for you. Ascend - All Things Root - Android Forums

thank you for the info!

Upvote 0
Hello everybody!

I recently upgraded my phone to the Samsung Admire because I got so frustrated with the Ascend TapOut! Long story short my 14yr old son wants the phone and so I would like to root it? to give him a better experience with this phone than what I had. I don't know anything about rooting so if anyone could direct me to a how-to for this phone it would greatly be appreciated!
The Tapout has Android 2.2 so you need to use Gingerbreak to root it, and use Root Explorer (newest version) to remove the bloatware. It's the same procedures as the normal Metro 2.2. (not the same as 2.1)

Reactions: lg5productions
Upvote 0
The Tapout has Android 2.2 so you need to use Gingerbreak to root it, and use Root Explorer (newest version) to remove the bloatware. It's the same procedures as the normal Metro 2.2. (not the same as 2.1)
What, it came with 2.2?! Then yes, it should work, GingerBreak to Root it, use latest which I believe is 1.20 and Root Explorer, the newest version as well.

Gah, I need to get that version then...the Tapout Edition needs moar people!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones