• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei Ascend w/Cricket - Review

Jazziette

Android Expert
Dec 30, 2010
Under the Rainbow
Hoping this might help others, here is my experience with the Huawei Ascend from Cricket.

1. The phone is beautiful and classy looking. Do not believe what you read about it looking cheap. I've had it side by side the HTC and EVO and the new Fascinate. It is definitely not a shabby looking or shabby feeling phone.

2. It works great! It might be slightly slower than the elite androids but even if there wasn't a huge price difference there isn't all that much difference in performance.

3. The sound is very nice, contrary to some reviews I have read. They are just not accurate. (unless they got a defective phone)

4. The phone is very responsive to touch. The keyboard is super easy to use and voice calling works awesomely.

5. The 3G feature is very cool. Works even in the mountains of Arizona.

6. Bluetooth is perfect. Pairs up instantly.

7. Phone activates very easily and if you have a problem the data can easily be reset by you, per instructions, or by customer service on the phone.

8. Contacts can easily be backed up to Cricket or to your computer before you reset if necessary.

9. Contacts are easily transferred from your own phone.

10. When you access your Gmail and other email accounts it adds your contacts automatically to your phone. Awesome feature!

11. Live wallpapers work great on it.

12. The colors are beautiful.

13. The camera is a bit lacking as it has no flash or zoom feature.

Summary:

It's a really great phone for those who want a phone that's cool and nice looking and sends and receives texts, emails etc. Browsing is also great. It's rumored that there is a 2.2 upgrade coming soon. So if you don't have to drive a Rolls Royce...the Huawei Ascend with Cricket service is very nice!

:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones