1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

huawei ascend with cricketSupport

1. ladysakura

ladysakura New Member

i want to use the internet at home using my ascend phone. when it shows up in my phone, i click on it, and type in my network password. it says unable to connect, why is that? i know the password and it is a secured network (cox), why am i still getting that message? cricket customer service wasn't really helpful, so i am looking at other sources that can help me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Which encryption type are you using?
  3. ladysakura

ladysakura New Member

mean on cox? secured with wpa/wpa2 psk.
  4. Muldy

Muldy Member

Thats strange. First of all I've never heard of cox. But my router is setup with WPA/TKIP and I didnt have any problems. I would recommend trying to maybe restart your router or change the password. Sometimes something so simple makes networking work. Other than that maybe try another network. Possibly unsecured and see if you still have a problem.
  5. ladysakura

ladysakura New Member

if i restart the router, that will gimme more problems that i dont need. in my area right now, there isnt a free unsecure network unless i go to other places in my city.
  6. Muldy

Muldy Member

LOL I dont mean a factory reset. I mean just a simple restart, usually a setting under utilities that will just refresh your router (not change or remove any settings). Sometimes by doing that I've had friends trying to use my network able to use after the refresh.

And as far as the unsecured... I have a Guest Access tab on my router settings that will allow me to make sort of a separate network with a hotel style password (Simple word or something). You could try at a McDonalds or Burger King or even Starbucks if you have one around your house. The only reason I say to try this is so you know that its not just secured networks and not all networks.