Huawei Ascend X thinks the headphones are plugged inSupport

1. nicomp

nicomp New Member

No headphones are plugged in , but the headphone icon is in the upper left of the display and all the calls play through the headphone jack unless I put it on speaker. Not very useful this way. Even the ringtone plays through the headphone jack.

I cycled power and tried a factory reset - no change.

Advertisement
  2. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

nicomp, which version of the X do you have? Once we find that out we can move your question to the appropriate thread for better response.

As far as the problem itself, have you tried having it checked out at your carrier? You may get it taken care of or replaced under warranty.

On Edit: I did a little checking and it appears the Ascend X is the Ideos X6 (U9000), I am moving this over there to help get a better response for you.
  3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hi nicomp and welcome to Android Forums. Personally, it sounds like a physical problem with your jack. Have you looked to see if there is actually something in the jack causing it to think your headphones are plugged in? If you plug in some headsets, do they work?
  4. purpledraygon

purpledraygon New Member

My U9000 has been doing the same thing I tried a removing the battery and resetting it but it doesn't change. When I plug a headset in it works.
    Any help?