1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Huawei Ascend Y300: No apps, drop-down menuSupport

1. Kyojin Killer

Kyojin Killer New Member

Hi,

I'm working with a Huawei Ascend Y300 with Bell as a service provider. I reached my phone out of my pocket to take a photo earlier today, and I noticed upon accessing the lock screen that the toolbar for the drop-down menu (the part that shows notifications, wifi, sync, etc.) was gone, and that at the bottom of the menu it said 'No service', although there should be service. I unlocked my phone and an error message popped up, saying something like 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.' No matter how many times I pressed OK, the message wouldn't leave; subsequently as my phone wouldn't turn off I pulled out the battery, waited and put it back in after about 15 sec.

I experienced the same problem as before, except instead of seeing the com.android.phone error, I was brought to a home screen with no apps at all on any of the 6 thumbnails--not even for texting or calling. I encountered 'Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped' several times. My home screen wallpaper had also been replaced with the default, which you can see here. I performed a couple of soft resets, encountering the same problem each time, until eventually my phone shut down and I couldn't start it up. However, this last problem was fixed with another soft reset.

Could someone help me with this? Thanks.

Advertisement