• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei ascend

To slow an freeze a lot any help tanks:thinking:

Hey buddy!

Howzit going anda warm welcome to the World of Android! :)

Are you running the Canvas GUI or another / different home launcher for android?

I use this launcher on my Huawei Joy / Vodafone 845 it is called Home ++

Home++ by Intuitit

It might make it appear a little faster for you dude :)

Or you can try a new ROM that is "lighter" but can lead to some issues occasionally buddy.

Keep well dude

Stinks!

Upvote 0
Tnks it help a bit. Be good

Hey there friend! :)

No problem dude! ;)

Do you want to try a different ROM maybe it could help speed ur machine / cellphone up a bit?

Is your home language English?

What language do you speak my friend?

I will see if I can speak it.

There are other launchers like Launcher Pro... and one of my absolute favourite's the open source ADW Launcher.

Here friend:

ADW.Launcher downloads | ADW Things

LauncherPro

Keep well buddy!

Let me know if i can help in any other way :)

Upvote 0
To slow an freeze a lot any help tanks:thinking:

Clear your cache! If you don't have it go to the market and get Cache Cleaner NG. It's free and you don't have to be rooted.

It will help you with the probs you mentioned.

Also, try LauncherPro as your home launcher. It's available free at the market too and will give you an entirely new phone feel, smoother and better performance.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0
the huawei ascend is very slow, EVO is faster cause is like 1ghz and huawei is half of it. If i am not mistaken the processor is half of Evo or iphone. Android is too much for it.

My huaweis ascend is crap and i am tossing it. It could work for some but for me is garbage. My cell phone takes years to upload my calendar so I have even changed it for a new one and still have the problem. Once you start downling applications then you will see this phone is crap.

Upvote 0
the huawei ascend is very slow, EVO is faster cause is like 1ghz and huawei is half of it. If i am not mistaken the processor is half of Evo or iphone. Android is too much for it.

My huaweis ascend is crap and i am tossing it. It could work for some but for me is garbage. My cell phone takes years to upload my calendar so I have even changed it for a new one and still have the problem. Once you start downling applications then you will see this phone is crap.

interesting. running an epic or evo both on 4g does have a good processor and to add the 4g works only if ur within the 4g area. Downloading on anything depends on how good your signal strength is and if you are on wi fi makes a huge difference. For me i have seen the evo and iphone to be total garbage. I have two friends one with evo and iphone that cant get service in the areas where i can. It would be smart to think if you dont have service how can you download anything. You mention downloading as though you do massive downloading. Comparing performane maybe stop downloading a million apps yes we all know evo runs faster but what good is a cell phone if you aint got coverage

Upvote 0

If you went in on the Ascend and didn't bother to read up on it first, and you were expecting a top-dollar phone for bottom-dollar price, then you WOULD be disappointed. A 600Mhz CPU with no discrete GPU is NOT going to perform up to the level of a phone you pay 4 times as much for, it's just common sense.

BUT! If you control yourself a little bit, pay attention to details and do some research, you'd find this phone to be worth every penny you paid for it. Tell me where you're going to get another Android phone for 100 bucks with this size screen, camera megapixel rating, AND a reasonable monthly bill!

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
If you buy a new car and start overhauling the engine, without making certain you are doing it correctly, it might not even run at all.

Now that we know how to hack into our system we need to remember that as easily as we hacked into it...we can also screw it up if we are not careful.

When I read that someone has had a bad experience it makes me feel bad for them. Especially when there are so many here who are willing to help.

I love my Ascend. I can always tell when I've done something that made it perform more slowly and when that happens I redo whatever I did right away or I check my settings, etc.

Thing about these phones. They are not child proof.

:)

Upvote 0
LOL, so true, Jazziette. The car analogy is a good one, and my statement would more appropriately be compared to trying to make a 4 cylinder Honda go as fast as a V8 Corvette. You might come reasonably close here and there, but by and large, you will fall far short, because it's just not equipped to do that.

And as to your mention of always knowing what you've done that makes a noticeable impact, the majority of people do not take the time to get familiar with all the little quirks, the ins and outs, and really UNDERSTAND their equipment. This is something I see every single day as a technical person. This is why things like viruses and spyware run rampant on PC's, because users make little or no effort to educate themselves, and thus are oblivious to easy fixes and defenses, and just performance in general.

Upvote 0
Exactly Blaster! I treat my little phone just like I do my PC. I would never dream of downloading some program on my laptop without knowing something about it. Or just running wild downloading programs, cause they are free. LOL

Been there and done that and had to send my laptop back to the factory because of my own ignorance. (years back LOL). Been there, done that!

If more users would just think of their phone like a little computer (which it is) they wouldn't have so many probs.

I'm a big believer in maintenance. I have the same basic routine with my phone that I do with my laptop pretty much.

When my laptop starts up I have only one program running...my anti-virus program. I don't like anything running in the background that is going to slow me down. Same with my phone.

I clear my temporary files, etc every night before I turn my laptop off.

Same with my phone.

I'm careful not to click on links I think could have malware. Same with my phone.

I't just a mini computer. Why everyone thinks it should perform like a Mazaratti is beyond me. LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones