• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei Glory links, leaks, facts and speculation thread

Gmash

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
neither Here nor There
QJCPMYZ

Hello! This is the place to post any new info we find about this phone, any good links, or just speculate to our hearts content. This is the most informative story I've found so far, with the most pictures:

PCMag goes Hands-On with the Huawei Glory – Inexpensive Gingerbread Superphone | Android Community

Things will probably go quiet for a while now about this phone, so any little bits of info you find will be appreciated, I'm sure. Have fun searching!:D

8Lr6fT5

Reactions: intrdrgn
Some people are saying that Huawei has confirmed that it will have a dual-core processor but I highly doubt it only because the processor that's listed is identified as a single-core processor. But I don't really think it matters because the score that it got from Neocore was slightly better than the Samsung Galaxy S II and that's amazing!

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
Some people are saying that Huawei has confirmed that it will have a dual-core processor but I highly doubt it only because the processor that's listed is identified as a single-core processor. But I don't really think it matters because the score that it got from Neocore was slightly better than the Samsung Galaxy S II and that's amazing!
Yep, from what I've read it's a single core, but thats a monster of a single core! I hadn't realized it could hang with the Samsung GSII. That IS amazing considering thats almost universally regarded as the highest-end phone in the world right now!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the Glory will be carrying a front facing camera? I don't know where I read this, I am hoping they do, even if they don't I still think it'll be an amazing phone.
From what I've seen, I don't think it has a ffc. It does seem odd, given the otherwise high end stats, but not a big deal for me.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the Glory will be carrying a front facing camera? I don't know where I read this, I am hoping they do, even if they don't I still think it'll be an amazing phone.
Yes, it does.
And 8M rear camera, and flash.
It also allows to save the "normally exposed photo in addition to the HDR version" (High Dynamic Range).
For video, it has 4 quality settings, high, low, MMS and YouTube.

Upvote 0
Honor/Glory

"According to Huawei, the Honor will come with “Android 2.3 or above” – this may mean the company plans to upgrade it to Android Ice Cream Sandwich when it’s released. Other features of the handset include a 4 inch FWVGA (854 x 480) display, Wi-Fi, GPS, 1.4GHz processor, 8MP rear camera, 720p video recording, and a 2MP front-facing camera – all in a 9.9mm thin case.."

Huawei Honor U8860 runs Android Gingerbread, might get Android Ice Cream Sandwich Unwired View

Upvote 0
Honor/Glory

"According to Huawei, the Honor will come with “Android 2.3 or above” – this may mean the company plans to upgrade it to Android Ice Cream Sandwich when it’s released. Other features of the handset include a 4 inch FWVGA (854 x 480) display, Wi-Fi, GPS, 1.4GHz processor, 8MP rear camera, 720p video recording, and a 2MP front-facing camera – all in a 9.9mm thin case.."

Huawei Honor U8860 runs Android Gingerbread, might get Android Ice Cream Sandwich Unwired View
Sweet. 2mp for the ffc. Things are shaping up nicely. I really hope Cricket gets the black one this time instead of the white like the Ascend 2.

Upvote 0
Is it as good as advertised? How about giving us a review?
It's definitely a nice phone, and in many ways it's an iPhone 3G clone (the physical look and to some extent menu behavior).
It feels great in the hand (size / weight), and looks really nice with the semi-transparent, epoxy like case.
I really wanted to try the camera (8MP), but there's a HW/SW glitch on mine which causes the image to be inverted and there's no button to actually take the shot :)
If there are specific questions I can try to answer.

Upvote 0
How's the led flash, is it useful for pics especially in dark/shadow areas?
Can you also use it for a light similar to what htc does?
How is the screen, does it feel like its easily scratchable?
Does the ffc take decent pics?(if it is a ffc)
how's the sound quality on the external speaker(?) Loud enough to listen to music?
As well as the speaker for when on a call.
Oh and
How's battery life?

:)

Upvote 0
Black does look better but imo that black looks like a cheap plastic though. Flat black wasn't a good idea, the gloss black would have been better.
I'd actually rather have a flat, textured, plastic instead of the shiny. The high gloss plastic shows every fingerprint as soon as you touch it, and gets scratches when you set it on a table or whatever.

Upvote 0
It's definitely a nice phone, and in many ways it's an iPhone 3G clone (the physical look and to some extent menu behavior).
It feels great in the hand (size / weight), and looks really nice with the semi-transparent, epoxy like case.
I really wanted to try the camera (8MP), but there's a HW/SW glitch on mine which causes the image to be inverted and there's no button to actually take the shot :)
If there are specific questions I can try to answer.
Questions? Of course I have questions!;) If you have this phone already, I'm guessing you must work for Cricket or Huawei, or at least have some connections, so do you know;

1.what is the release date?

2.will it come in black, or white only?

3.what version of android is it running? (i.e. 2.3.3 or 2.3.4)

4.is it extremely fast with no lag? It should be, but you never know. Some people even reported lag on the HTC Sensation.

5.I don't think it's vanilla Android, so what is the "skin" Huawei put over it like? Does it have Swype?

6. Does it seem to have strong 3g and voice signal?

7. I know it has a glass screen, but do you know if it is Gorilla Glass?

Sorry so many questions, but you offered!:p

Thanks!:D

Upvote 0
The main screen of the phone itself will get finger prints and could possibly scratch depending on the screen. Despite the texture, it will scratch because its made of plastic.

Hmmmm
Just thought, how cool would it be if the "glass" gloss case came in that gorilla glass, complete scratch resistant but would be slippery one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones