• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei Glory links, leaks, facts and speculation thread

@258-nice video. I noticed the phone in that vid had a soft touch plastic back instead of the shiny one. I wonder which one Cricket will get.

@Ranshe-I figured the 3 day battery life claim was BS, but as long as it gets a full day that's cool with me. Btw, did you ever get the camera working? Huawei is known for crappy cameras, I'm curious to see if they have improved a lot. Heard anything about a release date yet?

Upvote 0
Huawei Honor shipping in December to select markets -- Engadget

If the Honor isn't coming out until December, I have a feeling the Glory won't be out before the end of the year. Once again, Cricket is dropping the ball. I'm about to give up on this phone and on Cricket. Metro is making Cricket look stupid with phones like the Esteem for lower prices and Cricket can't even get this phone out before the holiday shopping season. That's why Cricket will always be a second rate crappy company. They had a chance to have a decent product, but they'll wait until it's out dated before they release it. Screw Cricket! /end rant

Upvote 0
Huawei Honor shipping in December to select markets -- Engadget

If the Honor isn't coming out until December, I have a feeling the Glory won't be out before the end of the year. Once again, Cricket is dropping the ball. I'm about to give up on this phone and on Cricket. Metro is making Cricket look stupid with phones like the Esteem for lower prices and Cricket can't even get this phone out before the holiday shopping season. That's why Cricket will always be a second rate crappy company. They had a chance to have a decent product, but they'll wait until it's out dated before they release it. Screw Cricket! /end rant

I couldn't agree more... I heard a commercial today about T-Mobiles new Monthly plan. It's almost tempting, except the fact that they apparently throttle after only 100mb. But they made it sound like you might be able to just pay an extra fee for more data. Gonna have to do more research. I really wanted the Glory, but I'm getting tired of waiting, and my Ascend is getting worse by the day.

Upvote 0
I've been wanting this phone for the longest time now. what could be going on with cricket?
To be fair, the delay could be with Huawei, not Cricket, but that's why you don't announce a phone 4-5(now 6?) months in advance. If something happens and you can't deliver, people are not going to be happy.

Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more... I heard a commercial today about T-Mobiles new Monthly plan. It's almost tempting, except the fact that they apparently throttle after only 100mb. But they made it sound like you might be able to just pay an extra fee for more data. Gonna have to do more research. I really wanted the Glory, but I'm getting tired of waiting, and my Ascend is getting worse by the day.
T-Mobile quietly has some of the best pre paid plans out there. Unlimited everything with 5GB for $70 or 2 GB for $60. This includes 4G. Find a good deal on a T-Mo phone on Craigslist or something, stick the pre paid Sim card in there and you're good to go. I wish I had done this when I had my Nexus S, but the bad experience I had with Cincinnati Bell kind of scared me away from GSM networks. If you want to sign a contact, T-Mobile is having a big sale on all of their phones this weekend.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

Reactions: Can0dope
Upvote 0
Was thinking about this phone today.
The Honor is a GSM phone and the Glory/Mercury a CDMA phone, right?
I assume the Honor is going to be released to Europe, Asia etc. as the link stated. While the Glory/Mercury is still going to be released sometime this month or early December.
Why would they release a GSM phone to Cricket and their customers?
I'm babbling, it's late.

Upvote 0
Was thinking about this phone today.
The Honor is a GSM phone and the Glory/Mercury a CDMA phone, right?
I assume the Honor is going to be released to Europe, Asia etc. as the link stated. While the Glory/Mercury is still going to be released sometime this month or early December.
Why would they release a GSM phone to Cricket and their customers?
I'm babbling, it's late.
It'll be the same as the Honor, but they will switch out the GSM radio for CDMA. That's why I'm thinking it probably won't come out until next year. When they make both, the GSM usually comes first because a lot more countries use it.

Upvote 0
It'll be the same as the Honor, but they will switch out the GSM radio for CDMA. That's why I'm thinking it probably won't come out until next year. When they make both, the GSM usually comes first because a lot more countries use it.
True but I'm sure Huawei made CDMA version for Cricket that had to get sent to the FCC for approval, which has been done. The only 'evidence' there is is from The Droid Guys article where he spoke to Sergio Garcia, Cricket

Reactions: Gmash and Can0dope
Upvote 0
Majority of the people that say its going to 'probably' going to be released in a matter of time get their info from Cricket employers or are Cricket vendors/employees. Not bashing on that or them but if Cricket themselves havent officially given the public anything then the employers will probably know a tad more than that or somehow know it all but apparently have a signed legal document that prevents them from saying anything but still managable to give hints on it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I take any news about this phone with a grain of salt. But the reason he can't pronounce Huawei, is because it's not a person's voice. It's the same computerized voice used in most of the Anonymous videos. ;)
Good point. Here's another vid of the Honor. This shows why I hope Cricket gets the textured black back and not the shiny one. (fingerprints) I don't know what the hell he's saying, but you can pretty much follow the gist of it, and this one is pretty detailed.

Hands on Huawei Honor (GREEK) - YouTube

Reactions: Can0dope
Upvote 0
According to this site:

Huawei U8860 3G WCDMA Android 2.3 Dual Sim - u8860 - etowalk (Hong Kong Trading Company) - Mobile Phones - Mobile Phone & Accessories

the Huawei U8860 should be 'dual sim, dual standby' but i doubt it.. Can someone confirm this? (Btw, U8860 is the same phone as the 'Glory' right?)
I think the Glory is the M886. This phone looks the same, but it's probably a variant that won't be released in America. Huawei sometimes makes a lot of variants of the same phone for different parts of the world. All of the phones in this picture are variants of the Huawei ideos x6/u9000 (and there are even more than this)

sJqrJdM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones