1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Huawei IDEOS X3 (U8510) - Removing AppsSupport

1. Kellez

Kellez New Member

I need some help to get rid of apps that come with the phone. My carrier is Vodafone and it is driving me mad. Do i have to do this "rooting" procedure and get into the phone as the "super administrator" before i can remove apps or is that incorrect. Ive read so many posts and studied this problem for quite some time but now im totally confused because, if i do have to "Root" the phone, which app is safest to use? One person says use "a" but then ill find another member who has tried all of them and still having trouble. I'm not one of these chicks who hasn't got the nouce to go ahead and do it but if i can just log in as the root administrator and then delete the unwanted apps, this might be preferable, please someone direct me in the RIGHT direction! Lol, Cheers.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi Kellez, and welcome to AF!

Unfortunately pre-installed apps, including those installed by networks, are generally installed in the /system area of the phone, which the ordinary user cannot modify. So I'm afraid that you will have to root to do anything about them.

The techniques for rooting depend on the phone manufacturer, and usually on the model. We have a forum for your device here, Huawei IDEOS X3 (U8510) - Android Forums, where you can discuss this with others with the same phone. There is also a subforum of that dedicated to root discussion. Hopefully someone there will be able to help you.