• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help huawei ideos x5 pc suite connection probls

blindman96

Feb 20, 2011
hey i got my ideos about 2 days ago and tried to connect it with my pc, I"m new to android so I got no idea what I'm doing, when I start up the official huawei ideos x5 pc suite to sync some music it can't recognize the device. it says make sure usb debugging is on and that the windows drivers are properly installed, can anyone help?

thanks

2.5.2 How do I use USB tethering in the Windows Vista and
Windows 7 operating systems?
Connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable. Windows7 and Windows Vista will automatically install the driver .
Touch Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot> USB tethering.
Check the network adapters and network and sharing center.
You can now open the web browser and browse the Internet.

2.2 How do I install the ADB driver?
1. When the phone is connected to the PC through data cable, the PC will display a prompt window. Follow the guide to install the ADB driver.

If you have Windows XP, you need to follow the instructions from the installation Wizard. Connect your phone via USB cable and open My Computer > Mobile Partner > Wizard will start. Cheers Neil.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones