• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
New X6 variant spotted, its called the Apanda 101 (from china) that brings the total to 11 variants!

apandaa101image1.jpg

linky's here and here

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
New X6 variant spotted, its called the Apanda 101 (from china) that brings the total to 11 variants!

apandaa101image1.jpg

linky's here and here
Don't let the fanboys on the Moto Triumph forum see this! Anybody who brings up the other versions gets accused of being part of a worldwide conspiracy to make them think they are getting a cheap "China phone" because we are jealous and can't afford one! LOL LOL LOL

Btw, speaking of the Triumph, the guys over there are saying it has Gorilla Glass. Is this true? I thought these phones had plastic screens? It looks legit, though. There is a link to the Corning Gorilla Glass site that lists the Triumph.

Upvote 0
Don't let the fanboys on the Moto Triumph forum see this! Anybody who brings up the other versions gets accused of being part of a worldwide conspiracy to make them think they are getting a cheap "China phone" because we are jealous and can't afford one! LOL LOL LOL

They in denial ~ Gorilla glass or not (Although I cant find any confirmation from MoTo about this) those Triumphs are locked up :D ENJOY YOUR STOCK FROYO FANBOYS!

bahahahahaha

Upvote 0
Not sure G where the android keys are im sure its glass, as for the screen i dont know mine have screen protectors over them and i cant be bothered pulling them off then washing the film and reapply, so tedious. maybe someone else whos naked can answer?

Moto still locked, still fail
But the Ascend x is locked too, right? Or is the Moto locked down on a whole 'nother level? Lol

Upvote 0
I just bought HTC HD7 pouch, fits fine and don't obstruct any port, speaker holes, camera or headphone jack. The screen I believe is glass, I tap it with a metal and it sounds different from plastic screen of my Sony Ericsson G900 resistive touch screen
Thanks. I didn't think they would change the screen just for the Moto. From what I've been reading, it's not as easy to tell the difference as one would think.
Congrats on finding a pouch that works for you.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
But the Ascend x is locked too, right? Or is the Moto locked down on a whole 'nother level? Lol

OFFICIAL ~ Motorola will release software updates for its phones that will enable an unlockable/relockable bootloader. The updates will require approval from carriers though, so it may not be a guarantee that phones will get an unlockable bootloader. Updates are expected to begin rolling out later this year.

After tapping the screen with metal like nX3NTY did on my X6 and on my Gigabyte S1205 resistive, i have to agree that the X6 is glass. Glad to hear your happy with that case i recommended too btw.

;)

Reactions: nX3NTY
Upvote 0
My favorite Cherry Mobile 2.3.4 ROM keeps rebooting on its own everytime it runs intensive apps, like games. Even when opening lots of stuff, e.g WiFi while opening browser and games. I'm addicted to Dungeon Defender since yesterday, and it keeps restarting like 4-5 times. So I updated the ROM to WellCom 18E 2.3.4, the problem went away with it :D

Upvote 0
Guys i need help. i own 2 Wellcom a99. Bought in Feb when had 2.2.1 updated both to 2.2.2 with sut when update came out. no problem. now the pc wont see one of them. have tried it on many different pc's. so installed roms by sd card. no problem. the phone now has the 2.3.4 spice rom and the 3G wont work always roaming. i had tried the cherry rom didnt like it then the spice. now cannot change rom. everytime now it fails. i get this no matter what rom i try..... prepare failed rc+-209 PID doesnt match! you cant download this nb0 some error during preparing the update package may not be correct or corrupted my other phone is on the wellcom 2.3.4.rom with no problems

Upvote 0
Guys i need help. i own 2 Wellcom a99. Bought in Feb when had 2.2.1 updated both to 2.2.2 with sut when update came out. no problem. now the pc wont see one of them. have tried it on many different pc's. so installed roms by sd card. no problem. the phone now has the 2.3.4 spice rom and the 3G wont work always roaming. i had tried the cherry rom didnt like it then the spice. now cannot change rom. everytime now it fails. i get this no matter what rom i try..... prepare failed rc+-209 PID doesnt match! you cant download this nb0 some error during preparing the update package may not be correct or corrupted my other phone is on the wellcom 2.3.4.rom with no problems

MAKE SURE you first put the phone into stock recovery VOLUME UP+ VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON and choose clear cache + factory reset. Reboot and then power off. Next put phone into download mode VOLUME UP + POWER then Install this Rom with SUT. Its a stock Froyo 2.2.1 backup from CSL.

Follow exact steps again and now install WellcoM 2.3.4 with SUT and take it back to store if faulty.

Upvote 0
I would love to purchase one of these phones but am unable to find where I can order one online. Can someone help with this?

There is currently no "shop" selling the X6 online. You can purchase these in the Philippines/Thailand/Malaysia/China/India only.

What would you pay for a new one rooted with latest Gingerbread? and what Australian carrier do you use? :D

Upvote 0
Donation in kaskus forum has gone real well, they already reach the target donation and bought tj_style the phone! Currently the phone is being shipped to him
You guys might be interested in this.

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/383332-clockworkmod-recovery-motorola-triumph.html

Make sure to read both pages. Hopefully some of this work will be useful to the other variants. I guarantee Isaacj87 will get CM7 working on the Triumph. It should only take a mediocre dev or someone with a little Android/Linux coding ability to port the ROMs that will be coming for the Triumph to the GSM variants. Isaac got CM7 onto the Ascend even though Huawei never released the source, and the Ascend is a POS 600mhz phone, so he knows what he's doing. The ball is rolling now.

Reactions: nX3NTY
Upvote 0
ClockworkMod recovery is now available for use! All thanks for tj_style and all the donator and dhaway for buying the phone. Download link is here.

To install it just put the phone in download mode, and replace stock recovery.img with the modded one. Reboot the phone and you should be able to go to CWM after that when pressing normal recovery procedure (Vol up+ vol down+ power button). In recovery the volume button to choose in menu, power button to select an back button for....umm back :D

Working:
  • Backup
  • Restore
  • Install From Zip

Not Working:
  • ADB
  • USB Mount
Further info is here and how to root is here

Upvote 0
The Information is copy paste of TJ_Style Post on Kaskus

The following info:
2.3.4 Android Gingerbread
Based of Official Build V3242
Overclocked up to 1.4GHz
Pre Rooted
Busybox Installed
Still Odexed
Init.d Support
Bash Shell Installed
UI using Sharp Release
Keyboard using Huawei Release

Read here for the details

So the difference between my stock 2.3.4 Rooted, and this "custom" 2.3.4 is what? all i can see is the device is able to be overclocked to 1.4 GHz with adb and usb mount not working???

Any one got any screenshots of this rom?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones