Huawei M931 Root

Last Updated:

1. smackem

smackem Member

lets get a root forum started for this. I think since its one of their best phones this will get a lot of use and make some dev's semi popular. i will test all roots if needed

Advertisement
    76rubio likes this.
  2. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

Here is my output using Bin4ary method in PTP (Camera Mode). I can also test root methods.

It looks like it can't access the file system folders. The restore function ends rights away, and the script just keeps running . Trying it in Mass Storage Mode points the script to the SD card (or worse, the data partition of the phone mounted as /mnt/sdcard).

In MTP, it can't find the device at all. OneClickRoot also "works" in PTP mode, but fails at the very end.

EDIT: I tried manually pushing with the ADB command line, and it won't let me put anything in the /data/ folder or any of it's subfolder (to run su). It says "permission denied". Also the cp command doesn't even appear to be available.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It already exists, albeit under another name. ;)
  4. smackem

smackem Member

hows about you link me...
  5. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

6. elk1007

Sepero likes this.
  7. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

Contract shabby penguin he mentioned that he was playing around with a root method for this phone but didn't have any testers.
  8. elk1007

Ok for sure
  9. smackem

smackem Member

help us all out post an actual link to where you see this root at?
  10. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

congrats on being rooted guys :)

all credit goes to dan rosenberg :D
  11. elk1007

12. smackem

smackem Member

i see you guys have gotten it rooted ... please share your methods i dont see why be so secretive on this?
  13. smackem

smackem Member

14. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

the secret to rooting is looking around
  15. brunoprata13

brunoprata13 Member

then there is not any way to make root the huawei awards??
  16. elk1007

There is a guide to rooting the Premia on the front page of this All Things Root forum. It has been there for at least a week now. ShabbyPenguin is maybe telling you that you should make the effort to look for answers before asking others to spend their time on your question. It's common courtesy.

I'll link you anyway so this pointless thread can die.
  17. brunoprata13

brunoprata13 Member

o///
    I managed to root the 4G awards, so that now not getting to install clockworkmod.

Can anyone help me to install!?
    When I walk in order to do the installation, and start the install an error access denied!