• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei MyTouch Android Keyboard error. Big Issue

mrhockey

Lurker
Dec 22, 2010
My Huawei MyTouch U8680 on T-mobile is giving me the following error: The application Android Keyboard (process.com android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Now I am sure many have seen this and I have searched high and low on the internet where to find the factory software or some sort of way to input what might be missing but haven't found it. The phone is not rooted and I have tried the factory reset twice but it still appears. I can't use the keyboard for anything, therefore I really can't do much on the phone as far as registering with Google or anything since the reset wiped out all my info. Not sure what to try next. I also looked in the proper forum section on here for this phone but there are only 8 posts on it.

Only thing I could say is to install another keyboard. You'll need to download the apk file, manually transfer it to your phone (connect via USB) and install it.

TouchPal Keyboard, Feel the speed on your touchscreen.

That's Touchpal, my personal favourite at the moment, and they offer the APK right from their site. You'll need to enable "Unknown Sources" (for 4.* it should be in the "Security" settings, for 2.3.5/Gingerbread it's under the "Apps" settings).

I'm not sure why the default keyboard is acting up like that, though.

I essentially have the same phone, mine's the 8681 from Wind. I think the only difference, really, is mine came with Ice Cream Sandwich as default.

Upvote 0
I was running the gingerbread keyboard for months on here but when this started acting up, it was in my pocket and the screen came unlocked while cutting the grass so who knows what keys were hit, I tried to utilize the gingerbread keyboard as my default and made sure it was checked but the android kept overriding it with this error.
Thanks for the link. Is that the stock keyboard for this thing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones