Huawei S7 - Returned it todayGeneral

1. troyy0206

troyy0206 New Member

The Huawei S7 tablet Best Buy is carrying is a decent unit, just wasn't for me. It was close, though.

Pros:
    *Decent price at $299, should be about $249 compared to others
    *Resistive screen was very responsive, enough to not really be annoying at all. Some things were better with a stylus such as hyperlinks.
    *Built nice, sturdy.
    *was able to put in my AT&T SIM card and manually set up the APN and have 3G data and make phone calls even though BB's price tag said WiFi only.
    *speakers are nice and loud. made a hell of a speaker phone!!
    *I thought the UI was nice enough I didn't install Launcher Pro
    *typing was good on the resistive screen.

Cons:
    *Battery life of maybe 2 hours.
    *WiFi would often not reconnect to same network after putting into standby and I'd have to turn WiFi off/on to get it to work again.
    *can only charge with the AC adapter, USB does not charge it.
    *I use the WiFi Tether on my Android phone and it *would not* see the wireless network even though dozens of other devices could including Windows laptops, iPads and iPhones.

I think six months from now the Android tablet market is going to explode with nice units.

Advertisement
  2. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I returned my today and got my money back..had it 2 days and developed dead pixels.
  3. turbobob924

turbobob924 Member

I was not able to get data with my ATT SIM

Did you do anything to configure/use it?
  4. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member

I bought one yesterday and have been somewhat impressed with it. Definitely give it a try before you buy!
  5. shooterau

shooterau Member

Can anyone advise how long I Should charge this pad before using it first time.
    Many Thanks
  6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I don't have an S7 but most of the time on electronic devices, its recommended to fully charge the device prior to using it for the first time.
  7. RMdroid

RMdroid Member

My Huawei Ideos S7 runs at least four hours before it needs a recharge. I love it. I've had mine for about six weeks and use it extensively daily.

Yesterday I downloaded NDrive making the S7 an outstanding car GPS without having to be connected via 3G/4G or WiFi. The 2+Gb download puts all the maps onto the SD card, making it one of the best GPS navigation units I've used. I love the size of the screen and the voice commands are easily heard via the very good speakers.
    Llanyort likes this.
  8. Llanyort

Llanyort Member

Have you seen any pictures of the inside of a huawei s7-201u slim with 3G cellular capacity?
    I have one but with a sim slot but no sim card holder on the board. I was wondering if I could hack a sim card holder onto board(there is a spot where one goes) ? But before I go down this road, I wanted to see the front and back boards of a s7-201u with 3G. You said your has AT&T 3G so urs might have the clues I need to hack mine up. I found some pics of an hs7-201w but I need a unit with working 3G.

Thanks