• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei S7 - Returned it today

troyy0206

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
The Huawei S7 tablet Best Buy is carrying is a decent unit, just wasn't for me. It was close, though.

Pros:
*Decent price at $299, should be about $249 compared to others
*Resistive screen was very responsive, enough to not really be annoying at all. Some things were better with a stylus such as hyperlinks.
*Built nice, sturdy.
*was able to put in my AT&T SIM card and manually set up the APN and have 3G data and make phone calls even though BB's price tag said WiFi only.
*speakers are nice and loud. made a hell of a speaker phone!!
*I thought the UI was nice enough I didn't install Launcher Pro
*typing was good on the resistive screen.

Cons:
*Battery life of maybe 2 hours.
*WiFi would often not reconnect to same network after putting into standby and I'd have to turn WiFi off/on to get it to work again.
*can only charge with the AC adapter, USB does not charge it.
*I use the WiFi Tether on my Android phone and it *would not* see the wireless network even though dozens of other devices could including Windows laptops, iPads and iPhones.

I think six months from now the Android tablet market is going to explode with nice units.

My Huawei Ideos S7 runs at least four hours before it needs a recharge. I love it. I've had mine for about six weeks and use it extensively daily.

Yesterday I downloaded NDrive making the S7 an outstanding car GPS without having to be connected via 3G/4G or WiFi. The 2+Gb download puts all the maps onto the SD card, making it one of the best GPS navigation units I've used. I love the size of the screen and the voice commands are easily heard via the very good speakers.

Reactions: Llanyort
Upvote 0
Have you seen any pictures of the inside of a huawei s7-201u slim with 3G cellular capacity?
I have one but with a sim slot but no sim card holder on the board. I was wondering if I could hack a sim card holder onto board(there is a spot where one goes) ? But before I go down this road, I wanted to see the front and back boards of a s7-201u with 3G. You said your has AT&T 3G so urs might have the clues I need to hack mine up. I found some pics of an hs7-201w but I need a unit with working 3G.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones