Huawei U8230 Foryo 2.2/2.3 GingerbreadGeneral

1. gregonandroid

gregonandroid New Member

Hey all,

Hope this isn't a dragging on an old subject post.

I have the Huawei U8230, great little phone for it's price and does all I want. It runs 2.1

I have been told to have a look around for the Froyo 2.2 and found the Gingerbread 2.3 was coming out too.

Does anyone know if they have finally sorted either to run on the U8230. I am aware of the 2.6.29 Eclair and wonder where this fits in to the whole mess.

My aim is to run GPS software with pre-installed maps from the SD, and also possibly apps from there as well. I understand it also removes some of the "bloatware" that comes pre-installed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Advertisement
  2. DaVidaz

DaVidaz Member

Android 2.2 is really possible i have it on my own. Instaled only yestarday :)
    dimitrri likes this.
  3. mascht_i

mascht_i New Member

How?! :D please please please tell us, that is what i was looking for. ;)
  4. gius86

gius86 New Member

I'm Giuseppe from Italy. I've got android 2.1 on my huawei. How I can upgrade my u8230? can you explain me it, please?
  5. mlljoens

mlljoens New Member

Howdy all,
    Just in case you haven't already got 2.2 installed, go this link.

CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse - Android @ MoDaCo

This will work fine but your U8230 will show as a U8220.

Plenty already written on how to apply, suffice to say you need to Backup everything and then enter Recovery Mode to apply.

Have fun.
  6. berdal

berdal New Member

Well, I'm a newbie to Android - and this is a dark spot for me. I've searched quite a bit on forums for it - but find no clear answers (other than threads for people familiar with it all, hence speaking a language for those already inaugurated)...
    Can anyone give me a crash course in the mentioned (quoted) - or give me a link on how to enter "recovery-mode", how to "apply", how to "root" and so forth. For dummies, please ;)
  7. ko08

ko08 Active Member

The best thing to do is to wait for the official release when its release it will update on its own if u can a YouTube how to video it may help out but cmod 7 is great but there are important steps you must follow or you phone wont be operational
  8. jaisonguru

jaisonguru New Member

I have been told to have a look around for the Froyo 2.2 and found the Gingerbread 2.3 was coming out too.

Does anyone know if they have finally sorted either to run on the U8230. I am aware of the 2.6.29 Eclair and wonder where this fits in to the whole mess.

My aim is to run GPS software with pre-installed maps from the SD, and also possibly apps from there as well. I understand it also removes some of the "bloatware" that comes pre-installed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.[/QUOTE]

HI

I changed my rom to 2.3.4, yes there are some bugs like camera not working

The entire detail can be found at

Huawei U8220 / TMobile Pulse - CyanogenMod Forum

now 8220 & 8230 same as far as firmware is concerned.It can go into each other.
  9. taroo2ah

taroo2ah New Member

I need a step by step instructions with screenshot on how to upgrade the Huawei U8230 firmware to 2.2
  10. halabi.saif

halabi.saif New Member

my huawei is stuck on blue screen after trying to update it.. it says invalid boot image header .. how can i fix it???
    thx in advance :)
  11. Aymen

Aymen New Member

salam for all

How can I upgrade my phone huawei android U8230 1.5 to new version because what's app not work wiht 1.5 so can anyone konws to give me the steps

thank you....,
  12. generalihda

generalihda New Member

thank you for
  13. ranold

ranold New Member

hie my phone huawei u8230 2.1 iz failing to detect my sd card. its saying blank sd or unsupported files. what can i do