• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei U8500 Help Thread

Hello, im an user of Huawei U8500 and i seriously would like some help on getting my system from 2.2.1 to 2.3.5 mainly because the games on 2.2.1 are EXTREMELY laggy, i can't do anything, i would like some help on how to install rom, I HAVE ALREADY ROOTED IT AND I HAVE THE SUPERUSER FILE.

I know this is the Ascend topic but i see that U8500 is the most similiar to Ascend, and theres no specific forum for my phone.

I would love some help, thanks!

Upvote 0
Hello, im an user of Huawei U8500 and i seriously would like some help on getting my system from 2.2.1 to 2.3.5 mainly because the games on 2.2.1 are EXTREMELY laggy, i can't do anything, i would like some help on how to install rom, I HAVE ALREADY ROOTED IT AND I HAVE THE SUPERUSER FILE.

I know this is the Ascend topic but i see that U8500 is the most similiar to Ascend, and theres no specific forum for my phone.

I would love some help, thanks!

There's a video on YOU TUBE for your specific phone on how to install CM7 (GINGERBREAD 2.3.3).
It is a very thorough video,covering the entire process,from rooting to installing the ROM.
The name of the ROM,I believe, is GINGERBREAD EVOLUTION 2.0

Just GOOGLE "ROMS for HUAWEI U8500" & you'll find it on the 1st page of results.

Reactions: tanel66
Upvote 0
There's a video on YOU TUBE for your specific phone on how to install CM7 (GINGERBREAD 2.3.3).
It is a very thorough video,covering the entire process,from rooting to installing the ROM.
The name of the ROM,I believe, is GINGERBREAD EVOLUTION 2.0

Just GOOGLE "ROMS for HUAWEI U8500" & you'll find it on the 1st page of results.

thanks buddy, ill reply back soon after ive done progress

Upvote 0
Hey all, so i was working on getting a new android version and i did the dload factory reset thing, and now, my android market is actually gone! it removed it! please help, how can i get it back?

PS: it would also really help if someone would get an working link to an Estonia firmware download.

Upvote 0
To get the MARKET back on your phone again,you'll need to GOOGLE search for a GAPPS (GOOGLE APPS) .zip for your phone.I'm guessing,(& only guessing here) that the same one everyone uses here on the ASCEND will work on your phone.

Just download it to your phone as you did the ROM you just installed,& go into CWM RECOVERY & load it up just as you did w/your ROM.
Don't unzip it,just load it up & you should be good to go.

BTW,didn't the YOU TUBE VIDEO that you watched give a link to the appropriate GAPPS for your phone?Might wanna take a 2nd look,hopefully the guy making the video gave a reference to it.

Upvote 0
To get the MARKET back on your phone again,you'll need to GOOGLE search for a GAPPS (GOOGLE APPS) .zip for your phone.I'm guessing,(& only guessing here) that the same one everyone uses here on the ASCEND will work on your phone.

Just download it to your phone as you did the ROM you just installed,& go into CWM RECOVERY & load it up just as you did w/your ROM.
Don't unzip it,just load it up & you should be good to go.

BTW,didn't the YOU TUBE VIDEO that you watched give a link to the appropriate GAPPS for your phone?Might wanna take a 2nd look,hopefully the guy making the video gave a reference to it.

The thing is, i din't even succeed in getting the new rom, or the new android version, the version stayed the same, its like i did nothing but just remove practically all the apps in my phone.

I'm guessing i have to go return the phone?

Upvote 0
Sounds like you need to start all over.Restore the phone back to its original state/(O/S),root the phone again,if necessary,install CWM RECOVERY via fastboot method as shown on the YOU TUBE VIDEO.

Then,install both the CM7 ROM & GAPPS ROM specific to your phone.

As soon as you accomplish this,perform a NANDROID back-up via CWM RECOVERY. YOU TUBE is your friend here as well,as performing a back-up via CWM is pretty much the same across all phones.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you need to start all over.Restore the phone back to its original state/(O/S),root the phone again,if necessary,install CWM RECOVERY via fastboot method as shown on the YOU TUBE VIDEO.

Then,install both the CM7 ROM & GAPPS ROM specific to your phone.

As soon as you accomplish this,perform a NANDROID back-up via CWM RECOVERY. YOU TUBE is your friend here as well,as performing a back-up via CWM is pretty much the same across all phones.

of course, i want to start all over again, however for that i will need the firmware for estonia/EMT

it goes by U8500V100R001C284B720, maybe you can find it? i used to have it, but now its changed.

Upvote 0
Also,check out the thread in this forum titled"ULTIMATE ASCEND CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE".

Follow it exactly as it's stated,of course,use the CM7 ROM that you downloaded earlier,instead of the one we use here.
Same thing w/the GAPPS ROM, & you should be fine.

Just be careful in the future & do not wipe or format the SD CARD when in CWM RECOVERY unless you have it's contents backed up somewhere else(desktop PC,etc.....).Doing so erases everything on the card.

Upvote 0
You might want to try the HUAWEI website.The one link I found for the original ROM you have listed sends me there.

BTW,do you still have the original firmware working,less MARKET,on your phone?

Also,for continuity,please try to keep all your posts in the same thread,we already have three separate threads regarding your one situation here.
Not being snooty or rude,it'll just make it easier for all of us here to follow & perhaps someone here will be able to get you back on track again.

Upvote 0
It goes by U8500V100R001C284B720

If you guys can find a download link for it, thank you so much.

Seems the only place for firmware help specific to your phone & carrier is via HUAWEI'S website,or,perhaps,your carrier.

The only other suggestion I have for you @ the moment is to visit the XDA DEVELOPERS website:http://www.xda-developers.com

A great community & tremendous resource of information & help,as it is a collection of users from all around the globe,just as is here,but more so,as for having a greater variety of worldwide experience to draw upon.

Upvote 0
Also,check out the thread in this forum titled"ULTIMATE ASCEND CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE".

Follow it exactly as it's stated,of course,use the CM7 ROM that you downloaded earlier,instead of the one we use here.
Same thing w/the GAPPS ROM, & you should be fine.

Just be careful in the future & do not wipe or format the SD CARD when in CWM RECOVERY unless you have it's contents backed up somewhere else(desktop PC,etc.....).Doing so erases everything on the card.

okay, kolio, ive given up for now, im trying to get my 2.2.1. back, with the android market.

i have 2.2.1. atm but still not android market. help?

Upvote 0
okay, kolio, ive given up for now, im trying to get my 2.2.1. back, with the android market.

i have 2.2.1. atm but still not android market. help?

At the risk of sounding condescending & redundant,your best bet for restoring your phone is probably one of the the following:

1)GOOGLE SEARCH:ESTONIA EMT HUAWEI U8500 2.2.1 ROM

2)Contact ESTONIA EMT & request assistance in restoring your phone.

3)Contact HUAWEI for assistance w/same.

4)Go to http://www.xda-developers.com for assistance.

My sincerest apologies for all the difficulties you've encountered w/your phone.I'm actually having a hard time pinpointing exactly what went wrong after you flashed the ROM from the YOU TUBE VIDEO. IF you have CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY installed on your phone, I can't understand why you can't get the CM7 & GAPPS ROMS to install.

I'm about ready to call it a night.Please return to the forum soon so that we can try again to get you back on track.I'll contact some people more knowledgeable than myself in the meantime for guidance & information to get things right again.

Reactions: tanel66 and Gmash
Upvote 0
At the risk of sounding condescending & redundant,your best bet for restoring your phone is probably one of the the following:

1)GOOGLE SEARCH:ESTONIA EMT HUAWEI U8500 2.2.1 ROM

2)Contact ESTONIA EMT & request assistance in restoring your phone.

3)Contact HUAWEI for assistance w/same.

4)Go to Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers for assistance.

My sincerest apologies for all the difficulties you've encountered w/your phone.I'm actually having a hard time pinpointing exactly what went wrong after you flashed the ROM from the YOU TUBE VIDEO. IF you have CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY installed on your phone, I can't understand why you can't get the CM7 & GAPPS ROMS to install.

I'm about ready to call it a night.Please return to the forum soon so that we can try again to get you back on track.I'll contact some people more knowledgeable than myself in the meantime for guidance & information to get things right again.

I've sent my phone to repair, since i completely messed it up. I'm sorry for all the trouble i have made.

Upvote 0
I've sent my phone to repair, since i completely messed it up. I'm sorry for all the trouble i have made.

It hasn't been any trouble at all.I think I can speak for all here by saying we wish the outcome had been better.

It's tough not having a community for your specific phone, especially when it comes to modding,etc....
Best of luck to you & feel to drop in again when you have your new phone,especially if you do find a ROM that works w/your phone,& share your experience w/all of us here.
Either way,don't be a stranger & pay us a visit sometime.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones