Huawei u8800-51 (AT&T Impulse 4G)

1. sierraq

sierraq New Member

Hey, I'm new here, I got the u8800-51 and I though that's what I wanted, but the stock 2.2.2 (Froyo) Has been slightly disappointing. If any one knows anything about this phone and can help me upgrade to at least 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) In Very simple, non developer type terms that would be really helpful.. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums :)

Pretty sure we have a device forum for your device here in our list. However, if you have not received an OTA update then you probably don't have the option to upgrade, without rooting your phone, which requires a pretty decent knowledge of android devices. If you wish to try please get back with me and I can try and provide the steps to walk you through it

Thanks for joining
  3. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, as DC said if there is no update available then rooting id the only option to get the update or you could wait.

If you have anymore questions dont be afraid to ask.

Thanks,
    Liam
  4. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Hi there, sierraq.:hello: Thanks for signing up here at AF.

I think :confused: this is the sub-forum for your phone (the name is slightly different, but the model # matches....)

http://androidforums.com/huawei-ideos-x5-u8800/

There you'll find all sorts of great info about your phone (if it is indeed the one you have) from the folks that know it best.

Hope that helps, and that you'll enjoy the forums. :thumb:
    Liamo_210 likes this.