Huge Battery drainSupport

1. michiel.van.wessem

michiel.van.wessem Well-Known Member

All of a sudden the battery of my HOX has started to drain insanely fast. Probably less than 3.5 hours from full to about 10%. And that is not even with me using the phone, rather with the think on my desk, connected to the wifi and screen off.

It's gotten to the point now where it seems that it drains faster than my charger can fight against it. Normally it would charge the thing while running in about 3 hours and all of a sudden .. it gone weird.

Anyone having a idea where I can start looking on what causing this?

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Have you installed any apps recently that may be draining battery? Anything appear in the apps menu as being the culprit? Install GSAM Battery Monitor and that should give you a better idea of what is causing you problems.

Is it everywhere too? Not just certain locations? Sounds silly, but loss of signal strength can have a huge impact on battery life.
  3. michiel.van.wessem

michiel.van.wessem Well-Known Member

Well this is at home where I never had problems before and it's connected to the wireless. Normally at home I get easily 10+ hours out of it.

Twist plot :( ... After having plugged it in to charge, I went to check on it and to disable google now (since that can be a drain on the battery I read), but now the phone will not even charge on .. in fact it is not showing a charge light at all when plugged in. When I thumb the power-button all I get is a slow flashing red light .. nothing more. :(
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Can you connect it to a PC? Does it register at all (I'm guessing no)?

I think you might need to call in the warranty :(
  5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Also, try leaving it plugged in with the power off (which isn't an option really since it won't turn on). One time this happened to me and the solid red light came back after being plugged in for 15 minutes.

The slow flashing red light means there is not enough battery charge for the phone to even turn on.

It's possible that your battery has gone bad and will not hold charge anymore, in which case it is time for a warranty call :(