Huge Battery Fix for Inc - Is this legit?General

Last Updated:

1. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Backup assistant only runs once a day at a predetermined time, I can't see that would give that much battery life by disabling it although the option not to sync would be nice. I had BA on my previous phones, ENV Touch, ENV3, DARE, and nobody brought it up that would be a battery drainer.

Can someone confirm that it runs continuously and updates when changes are made to the contacts?

3. evilotto

evilotto Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed in his pic is that he only has like 2.5 hours of awake time. I regularly get 30 plus hours on my seido battery with over 5 hours of awake time. I think awake time is more important than up time since awake time shows time you are actually using the phone.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  4. Haelous

Haelous Well-Known Member

2 hours of awake time isn't that useful.

When my phone is doing nothing but receiving the occasional push gmail it uses roughly 1% of battery life per hour. Is 100 hours of battery life useful if you never use the device?

Only using the phone for 2 hours in 43 hours... I don't think I could do that.

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

That sounds too good to be true, but I've had my phone since Sunday so I could easily wipe it without hurting anything significantly. I'd be happy to be a guinea pig if someone can suggest a good quality battery measuring app they want me to test with. I'd be using the stock battery.

6. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Sadly, the awake time 2hrs, that means he only used about 1 hr per day. What's the point in that?

7. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

deleting most of the useful built in apps isn't on the top of my list either.

8. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

exactly as others said. the phone is a paperweight for him pretty much. dont use backup assistant at all. i can get 4-6 hours of awake use and 20-30 hours out of a charge using the 1750

9. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Yeah my awake time is usually more then 50% of my uptime. I use my phone pretty regularly.

10. howarmat

if im on gtalk with my GF mine is well over 75% lol....just depends on the day

11. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Like everyone else has said his up time is so little he is not even using the phone.

And I went the first month without setting up backup asst to sync and after I finally did it my battery life remained the same. So this is not an issue at least not for me.

12. ChuckFarley

ChuckFarley Well-Known Member

The only thing that I've found to affect the battery usage on this phone, aside from your personal usage, is the syncing. I usually choose to manually sync my junk, and once I stopped the HTC mail client from syncing every 15 minutes, I started seeing some drastic improvements in battery life.

13. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

So, this battery fix is to..... not use the phone?

14. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

You can get better fuel economy by parking your car and turning the engine off :D

15. jaybeth421

jaybeth421 Member

Why is dbag worrying about battery life when he only uses the phone an hour a day.

16. howarmat

some people obsess about things like battery life

17. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

The "Up Time" is not how long he had been without a full charge, it is how long he has been since he last turned off the phone, completely off. I unplugged mine this morning and my "Up Time" is 40h43m, but has been much more than that before. That guy needs to hit the battery use and actually see how long it's been since he unplugged the phone.

18. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Unless he needs physically unable to charge his phone for days at a time, that's just silly.

19. DROID_SCOTSMAN

DROID_SCOTSMAN Well-Known Member

I would also like to point out that all these screen shots of battery life etc can be complete bs. If I plug my phone in it keeps my up time and awake time going. e.g. I have 99% battery life with up time 17 hours and awake 5 hours... just saying.

I find the best way to increase my battery life is to use the power bar widget and turn off the refreshing button. That's when I want to make sure it lasts. I usually do this when I am somewhere it doesn't matter if I don't get an email right away. Really no problem for me to check certain things by manually refreshing them if I need to know. A lot of other stuff still runs in the background etc..

20. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

One weekend I barely used my phone to test its battery, and I got about the same. I have backup assistant running, but don't use friendstream / twitter / facebook widgets -- I'm too old I guess to have to constantly be chirping that I just went to the store or burped.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  21. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

it says 2 hours awake time... of course your phone will stay on for 43 hours if you only use it for 2.

22. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

I just checked and I guess I never installed backup assistant when I first got my phone because its not installed and therefore doesn't sync during the day. With that being said my battery life still sucks. I see about 2-3 hrs of awake time in a 14hr day before putting the phone back on the charger. I don't think this is a fix because like everyone says the awake time is the real thing to look at. I can let my phone sit over night and not use it and only loose 10% battery life.

23. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

14 hours of battery life is pretty decent

What's your time without a signal? Setting always on mobile data off for me helped because my building doesn't get very good reception.

24. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

I routinely get 14 hours, doing something similar to you, but I added a widget to my homescreen to turn off 3G Mobile when I'm not using it, since i have WiFi at home, I leave 3G off till I leave the house, or until I need to do something on the phone, then it's just one tap and it's back on, now I don't get my email every 2 mins or anything but thats ok with me because it's 95% junk anyway.

25. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

I have been using the htc sync programs for a while and i did notice some battery improvement. However it is not necessary to avoid these features. I set my vzw sync to sync 1 time at night when my phone is plugged in. All the other sync programs sync every 12 hours. Before i wa letting these things sync whenever and i did notice a huge battery improvement in changing these settings. I wouldn't reccomend turning these features off. Fb does much more than keeps ur friend stream going. It integragtes into your entire phonebook.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk