• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Huge Collection of Easy Install Custom Fonts!

acidbath5546

Android Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2010
SoCal
www.wjddesigns.com
I thought somebody might find this helpful or useful.
XDA Member Fachadick has put together 200 customs update.zip with 200 different font styles. I have tested tons on my Droid X, so thought I would share.

Go here for Article and Links:
Change your Android Fonts, Simple & Easy & Over 200 of them!

All credit goes to XDA Member Fachadick and the artists that made the fonts.

Cheers!

I was doing a little web searching and came across this. Im not too sure if it has already been posted but there are 200 fonts to choose from!

Your phone must be rooted.
All of the download links provided are easy to install and can be installed by update.zip

I take no credit what so ever for this mans work. I am only sharing what I have found.

It also is not my responsibility for any damage that this may cause to your phone.

200 Flashable Font Packs - Change your system fonts the easy way! - xda-developers

Here it is guys

Im currently using comfortaa which I believe is provided with apex nextheme. The reason why I stick with it is because of how great it word wraps around every site I visit.

I hope you guys enjoy! And post pics or results of your font changes!!

Upvote 0
You put my thoughts into words ;)

SmileyCoolThumbsUp.gif

Upvote 0
You put my thoughts into words ;)

Thanks, I guess u got ur power/fuse issue fixed..lol...thought u were gonna freeze to death..lol

nice find!!

someone help a newb... once downloaded as the zip, how do a proceed to extract the font?

apologies....Im still learning.

You don't extract them at all.
They are already in flashable zip format.
Simply boot into recovery.
Install zip/choose zip from SD card/navigate to the font and select it and Viola fonts changed.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I guess u got ur power/fuse issue fixed..lol...thought u were gonna freeze to death..lol

You don't extract them at all.
They are already in flashable zip format.
Simply boot into recovery.
Install zip/choose zip from SD card/navigate to the font and select it and Viola fonts changed.

And this has been a problem of mine for a week now. I keep downloading the fonts, put them on my phone and yes I know most of them on the page have a screenshot view but I want to see how they look on my phone, so flash, view, flash, view.....ARrrrrgh :)

But really like Mortis and Scooby Doo lol

Reactions: esemes
Upvote 0
And this has been a problem of mine for a week now. I keep downloading the fonts, put them on my phone and yes I know most of them on the page have a screenshot view but I want to see how they look on my phone, so flash, view, flash, view.....ARrrrrgh :)

But really like Mortis and Scooby Doo lol

Lmfao! Yeah I have done the same...some look great on paper...but horrific one u boot it up.
I wanted one like Megadeath to work, but I just couldn't read it without leaning close to my phone...and that shouldn't happen with a 4.3" phone!
I do like the Comfortaa font...the Ubuntu ones are nice too..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones