1. Yucel

Yucel New Member

I received a bill from orange this month of

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I presume this is Orange UK?

Contact Ofcom (or the next time you call, throw that name in to the conversation). As far as I'm aware, orange have a duty to give you an itemised bill to show you what's used that data?
    EarlyMon likes this.
  3. Jamie_15

Jamie_15 New Member

I am having a similar problem..

I had my blackberry for 24 months with orange and never once went over my data charges.
    After having my HTC Desire for the first month my bill soared to
  4. FTMakeup

FTMakeup New Member

Hello-yes the same thing happened to me accept my bill was
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Terrible!

Best luck with that. Btw, I edited your email address so spambots might have a harder time zeroing in on you. ;)
    El Presidente likes this.
  6. trutyke

trutyke New Member

I've just had the same problem with Orange. I'm still waiting for a final answer but the operator agreed with what I said. Basically I had a montly bill that came to
  7. Jedd58

Jedd58 New Member

Hi all

i have just upgraded to an HTC wildfire on orange and I was alerted to the background data usage by the battery going at a tremendous rate. Sadly the only answer is to disable the intenet in settings and only turn it on when you use it.

If anybody knows how to disable these automatic updates without going through that process everytime I would love to hear.
  8. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Welcome to the forums!
    All you should need to do is go "menu=>settings=>accounts & sync" and the first option should be "Background data"... de-select this and you should be ok!

Hope that's of some help to you! :D
    WhyDelilah likes this.
  9. WhyDelilah

WhyDelilah Member

Hello, WD (newbie) here.

I'm having the same problem as highlighted above.

Having checked my online account today I have over
  10. El Presidente

They'd look at it on a case by case basis I think.

Did you get your phone online or did you go into an Orange shop? If the latter, it could be argued that the assistant who sold you the phone should've brought that to your attention.

Have you also got a data plan?
  11. WhyDelilah

WhyDelilah Member

I upgraded over the phone with Orange.

They told me that my tariff included 'X' amount of minutes + unlimited texts and internet usage.

I've been with Orange for years and I've never once had data coverage as part of my tariff so I've literally never touched the internet on my phone before (I don't really see the point in it to be honest).

Given that it was free when I upgraded I do use it from time to time but very sporadically and not for very long (usually to check football scores or the occasional Facebook catch up).

I had a problem with my first bill (I had around
  12. WhyDelilah

WhyDelilah Member

Is there an Orange complaints email address??

Thanks

WD
  13. El Presidente

I would definitely call to complain again, especially if they've not given you the credit.

You can download an app called Network Traffic Stats lite, that should tell you exactly what's eating into your data allowance and making you go over it.

It won't be an unlimited plan you have though unfortunately, the most Orange do is 1GB as far as I'm aware so it'd be good to find out exactly what you've got. My girlfriend has the Orange San Francisco which came with "free" internet but it was a meagre 100MB so they can be quite crafty with their wording.
    WhyDelilah likes this.
  14. El Presidente

WhyDelilah likes this.
  15. WhyDelilah

WhyDelilah Member

I've been trying all day to get through to them but no joy.

I just want to talk to a human being at the company but it's like searching for Rocking Horse S**t.

Anyone would think I am a paying customer for almost 10 years.

Thanks anyway squire.

WD
  16. El Presidente

I agree, their IVR's don't make it easy to actually talk to someone.

Keep us posted as to how you get on.
  17. WhyDelilah

WhyDelilah Member

18. WhyDelilah

WhyDelilah Member

Success!!

I had still not received a response from my emails so I tried ringing again today on the 150 number. After a few minutes ("press 1 if your dog has died, press 2 if you like Jaffa Cakes") I managed to actually get through to a human being at Orange.

I explained to the Gentlemen that there was no way on God's Green Earth that I had used the data charges that were appearing on my account and I was then informed that my Handset (HTC Wildfire S) is actually capable of connecting to the internet on its own accord and that other people have enountered similar problems to myself.

I explained there was no way I was paying for something I hadn't used and that I'd been a customer for many years etc etc and eventually they agreed to fully credit all data charges on my account this month.

They have also given me free internet usage for a month as way of an apology.

I should add that I have added a bundle to my pack starting next month so this may have gone some way toward me getting a successful outcome. The bundle is only
  19. El Presidente

Glad you're sorted. :)
  20. Tino

Tino Well-Known Member

Just for anyone who is having similar horror stories to these, there is an app called 3G Watchdog on the Android market and it monitors and displays your data usage in your notification bar, it can also warn you when you are coming close to the limit (you can set what % for critical) and when you have reached your limit. Helps you keep an eye on proceedings. Hope that helps! ;)
  21. SouLz

SouLz Active Member

As far as im aware for people using HTC phones and other phones that download data in the background..

You must have an internet plan with tethering included.

A normal data plan for internet use doesnt cover streaming background data. You need a data plan that includes tethering.. very sneaky of the mobile networks to only include tethering on there highest data plans..
  22. dinglelea

dinglelea New Member

I am with Orange, UK, and have had a HTC Wildfire for a week. Without using the Internet, I noticed that my credit, (I use PAYG), had reduced by
  23. fabregas71

fabregas71 Member

i that true orange is gonna increase our montly plan with 4.34 %from january
    anyone receive the same text message from orange
    thanks
  24. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hi fabregas - just to let you know that you are not the only one to have received that message from Orange. Both me and my wife did and I know a couple of other members on here that did too.
  25. fabregas71

fabregas71 Member

yeah but is no right way they do that?