• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huge Dialer Memory Leak / SMS inbox full problems - HELP!

Hey everybody, I've got a serious problem with my DROID. The dialer system app keeps having a memory leak up to 135mb, leaving me with a low memory warning and ~30mb free. It comes and goes and there is nothing I can do to force it to go away. Soon after the memory leak starts happening, I begin to get "SMS inbox full, incoming message cannot be received" messages EVEN if I clear my inbox. I used to keep hundreds and hundreds of texts but now it thinks it is full after a handful. On top of all that madness, during these spurts I am unable to download apps from the market, they just sit there forever trying to begin.

Whatever is causing this memory leak is making my phone almost unusable and my experience with Android an absolute misery. For up to 5 hours at a time I have to go without the ability to receive SMS messages or download applications. Any related info I can find through google searches always comes up short, people find and acknowledge the problem and never find a solution.

I have read that when unable to download apps to log in to google talk and that somehow fixes it, but my google talk app also appears not to work. It closes on opening. So I guess I'm just royally screwed.

I believe my options are A.) reinstall OS 2.1 or B.) go to Verizon and get it swapped out. :mad:

Thanks in advance for the help guys, this device is really screwed up.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones