HUGE Problem... many problems infact...Support

1. WhatTehDouche

WhatTehDouche Member

Camera Problem
    I got this Acer iconia a500 tab for christmas and stupid as i was i downgraded from stock 3.2 to 3.0.1 everything was fine until i realised my back camera wasnt working... so i got confused, and thought lets go online and see what other people have experiences, and nothing helped... so i tried to update it back to 3.2 hoping it would fix the problem, and it sais "No Update: Your system is up to date" which baffled me... any help?

Wifi Problem
    so now about a couple weeks in with this 3.0.1 the internet has totally died, it can connect to my hub (BT HomeHub 2) but i cant get no data coverage at all, i click browser, it sais webpage unavailable and i cant sync my google account, so no market for me :( i have a usb stick if that helps i cant actually access a file manager as i have no coverage :(

Tried solutions:
    i have tried factory resetting it for the wifi problem, nothing helped and ive also tried hard resetting it, nothing worked... i dont have a microSD yet but it should be here today in the post,

P.S The reason why i downgraded was because i wanted to root it, but only caused dramatic problems...

Thanks
    Andy

Advertisement
  2. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

WhatTehDouche likes this.
  3. WhatTehDouche

WhatTehDouche Member

Thanks for getting back to me :)
    when i get the sd ill let you know how it goes, thanks for the link, i read it before but didnt know if i should use it as it said (US Version) and im from the UK :p
  4. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

5. pagdodd

pagdodd Well-Known Member

This:
    http://androidforums.com/iconia-tab...7225-returning-my-a500-stock.html#post3768871
    did work great but it appears to have been a rooted USA 3.2.1 rom.

There is an even easier way to root as posted by ZOANDROID here:
    http://androidforums.com/iconia-tab-a500-all-things-root/424824-root-3-2-a.html#post3732519

The ONLY reason I reverted back to the stock UK 3.2.1 rom was in anticipation for ICS

I reverted back using this:
    http://androidforums.com/iconia-tab-a500-all-things-root/481725-what-country-my-rom.html#post3791869

BUT I lost root in the process.
  6. WhatTehDouche

WhatTehDouche Member

i havent rooted at all, and id rather lose my roo and wait for the official release of ICS as ive heard its at the end of Jan? if im correct? all i need to do is stock the tablet and ill be happy :)

Edit:
    Happy DAYS! i got my internet working so i can get ready to root the thing :D i dunno how i did it i just re connected after leaving it on for ages not touched and its working fine now! bu the cameras still fudged, so im gonna stock it when my microSD arrives :)
  7. pagdodd

Glad it is semi-sorted. As I said before I believe this is the ROM you need to return it to stock:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Just put the file on your micro SD and rename to update.zip.
    Power off, then hold volume down, then press and hold power until it vibrates,
    but keep holding volume down until it says Erasing cache before SD update.
    It will then flash the update.zip on the card.
    Hopefully you will be back to stock.

When you have re-installed, registered etc.. You should get another system update to 3.2.1.

Note: I am not an expert and only ASSUMED this was the correct one based on this post on XDA:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] naming of update files is confusing ! Help!
    WhatTehDouche likes this.
  8. WhatTehDouche

WhatTehDouche Member

Brilliant! Thanks Pagdodd and Kenji57 :) i got my MicroSD today so im gonna return it to stock and give updates on how its going literally just now the internet on its died again :/ but the wifi is connected... odd.. hey ho gonna stock it now :) thanks guys, appreciate it! :D

Edit:
    FINALLY! Success!!! Successfully Rooted and Stock Rom'd my Acer Iconia A500 ow running 10x faster and ready for the official release of 4.0 :D Happy Days! :)
  9. pagdodd

You rooted still or lost that?
  10. WhatTehDouche

WhatTehDouche Member

i decided to stay root for the time being as superuser is quite the delicacy :) is it true about ICS do you know?
  11. pagdodd

Personally, I've seen various conflicting stories on it's release date.

So, I have no idea! :)

I am tempted to try out Thors' ICS rom :D
    Forum TegraOwners • View topic - [Dev]A500 ICS device building
    see it in action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M05k01le4P4

According to the site, not working at the moment is:

• Camera (I don't use)
    • Camcorder (I don't use)
    • HDMI sound (this is the only thing stopping me as I often watch stuff through my TV)
    • a501 3g modem (mines an A500 anyway)
  12. yaoiboipinoi

yaoiboipinoi New Member

please help me same problem when i updated my tab into its latest update in the philippines it goes with some issues like back camera is crashing and whenenver i bluetooth a file my tab crashes please help me with this problem... thank you very much

hope to hear from you soon