Huge radio bug in my ATT N1!Support

Last Updated:

1. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My N1 was sitting on my desk 5 bars 3G and wifi on. I went to send a text and it failed. Tried a diff number and it failed. Tried making phone calls and nothing happend. Turned off the wifi and noticed I had 5 bars but no 3G or E symbol. I just got a network error when trying to access web pages. I rebooted the phone and it was fine. This is a huge huge problem. If this happens I will not know it and miss important calls, sms etc Still got data on the wifi. If this happens again I am going to have to switch back to my trusty iPhone. As much as I want to love the radio software/reception has some serious issues. Based on research on the forums I don't think it is my unit thats faulty esp since a reboot fixed it.

It will be curious to see if others have this issue.

I realy hope HTC/Google releases a better radio FW for this device or its going back within the 30 days.

Advertisement
  2. Richard371

3. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

If it continues to happen, then it's a problem. Even then it might just be a faulty handset. Sometimes phones do weird things, it happens.

4. Richard371

based on the links others are having it. I will monitor it.

5. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

It happens to me every once in a while just as you describe. And it's funny cause it always happens in the same places. When I go watch our local pro basketball team, in the arena I always show full bars but am missing the 3g or E designation. When I try to send an SMS it fails and fails. When I leave, and 3g "returns" I still cannot send a text and ultimately rebooting will be the only fix. Has happened to me in a couple other spots.

Also of note, in the arena, my wife's iPhone reads the same full bars but also has a difficult time sending text or making calls. But once we're out of the arena, she's back to normal instantly.

6. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

This cold be in part an AT&T issue, not a Nexus One issue. I get this from time to time with my Nokia 5800 and have to reboot. It's not oten enough to be annoying, but it happens.

7. Richard371

Nope. I have 10 ATT phones at my desk including 2 iPhones, 2 9700 bolds and a 9000. doesn't happen to any of them. trust me people the FW on the N1 has some issues.

8. MrNoSox

MrNoSox Well-Known Member

Happens to me and my wife on TMobile. A lot.

9. Richard371

never happens to me on my iPhone or Bold 9700. Imaging my BES servers go down. VNOC calls me and they can't get me because my damn N1 radio crashed and then im fired lol.

10. BLOWNCO

BLOWNCO Well-Known Member

im not having that problem got my N1 yesterday

11. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

It's an N1 issue. I've been having it on and off every few days. I've had the phone since launch.

12. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Clearly it isn't a universal issue as most of us do not have it. Maybe you ought to have the device swapped.

13. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I've had my N1 since late Jan, and it's happened to me once: yesterday evening.

It had happened a couple of times to it's predecessor (Nokia N95) too.

14. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Used to have this occasionally but since rooting one month ago, plus stopping using Handcent, I haven't had the problem since.

15. Three

Three Well-Known Member

Got my N1 3 days ago, Was working fine until sometime this afternoon. Getting a network error when trying to check out the Market and cant browse the web.
    Is there a fix for this (apart from turning the phone off, I've done this twice already) or do i need to contact somebody?
    I'm on AT&T if that helps or matters.

update:
    As of 9pm last night the problem seems to have worked itself out. whew!

16. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

You're too quick to blame the hardware itself. No, it's not a universal problem but neither are the 3G issues. That doesn't mean everybody panic and send your phones in. I suspect it's a firmware problem. I'll wait it out since the problem doesn't occur regularly enough for me to get annoyed.

17. mykeldrip

mykeldrip Member

im in the same boat i had a tmo version n1 and it happened one time a day...got the att&t ver and boy in the begining did it have problems(3g) texts not sending but after couple days it just has seemned to clear up. im sure the text thing will be back it haunted me late in my tmo ver life as im sure this one will

18. gerryk

gerryk Well-Known Member

Sorry to go OT, but dude, if your only point of contact in a mission critical application is a cellphone, you really need to reevaluate things. Any cellphone can become unreachable for a multitude of reasons.

19. BigTimeNexusFan

BigTimeNexusFan Well-Known Member

Got my Nexus in Jan. So far, haven't had that issue. The keyboard acts a little strange sometimes but haven't seen what you described.

20. kingfroman

kingfroman Member

Ive had that same problem with all my previous phones on tmobile. On my sidekicks, my g1 and n1.